Chapter 1: YES...

Start from the beginning

“2, 1” I was out.

~8:30 in the morning the next day~

I felt the sleep start to wear off. I started to blink my eyes getting used to small light peering in I looked at the window seeing the grey sky cast over the once blue one. I looked around the pale white room till I felt heaviness in my left hand. I looked down and smiled seeing the brown curly hair I loved so much.

“Harry,” I shook my hand that was buried in his hand under his head that was curtained by his soft hair. “Harry, wake up.” He shifted in the seat and slowly raised his head.

“Huh, Alexis…ALEXIS!” he shot up, I smiled seeing his green eyes I so badly missed. He came closer to my face and laid on my chest, I felt the wetness on my chest rolling down. I placed my hands on his head and ran my fingers through his hair.

“Harry don’t cry.” I said feeling the tear stinging. He picked up his head and I finally came in contact with his eyes.

“I thought you were never going to come back, when they said you died, i-,” not able to keep in the urge I pushed Harry’s face closer to me until our lips crashed.

It took him by surprise but he started the kiss back. Our lips moved in sync.

“Um,” someone cleared their throat and spoke. We pulled apart with the sight of the nurse standing by the door.

“Sorry” I spoke with blush flooding my cheeks.

“It’s fine but sir I’m going to need you to step out for a bit.” She said. I started to worry and Harry tensed under my touch.

“Oh it’s okay nothing will happen. I promise.” Harry nodded and said he was going to get some breakfast at the cafeteria.

“Okay does anything hurt?” she asked removing the sheets from my body. I shook my head, “Okay well today the doctor has scheduled a shower, bed change, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and you’ll need exercise which is just walking around the halls.” She said with a smile, she took out my I.V’s and held out her hands for me to take. I was slowly pulled up from the bed with the aching of my back assisting me.

I got in the shower and sat on the chair inside, my legs were out of strength at the moment. I got out an hour later, I used the railing to help me to the clean hospital gowns. I faced the mirror to see I was pail; I turned a little and noticed I didn’t feel the stitches.

“I’m finished,” I said and the door opened, the nurse who said her name was Sharon helped me onto the new clean bed. She re-hooked the I.V’s and brought the hospital breakfast. Just as I was about to eat Harry came in and not alone.

“Alexis!”

“Liam!” I shouted and held out my left arm for a hug, the I.V’s were on the other.

“How you feeling?” Liam asked

“Wait did you take a shower?” Harry piped in.

“Uh yeah ha ha and I’m better just a bit sore and my stomach’s the sorest but I’ll pull through.” I said with a pep.

“That’s good uh hey Hazz you think you could get me one of those?” He said motioning to his tea and muffin. Harry just nodded and left.

“Hey you mind if we talk real quick?” Liam said as he shut the door behind Harry. I scooted over a bit and patted on the open space.

“Uh look I don’t know if it was real or if you remem-,”

“I remember, did you get Harry’s letter?” I said looking down

“Here, I’m glad he didn’t find it. Alexis, when did you write this?” he said handing me the letter.

“When you guys were asleep the night I got back. Thank you I’m glad he never got it.”

“Well the others are on their way. Is that your breakfast?” Liam said cringing at the colorless food. We laughed about it me trying not to because of the pain in my stomach.

After breakfast and everyone arriving it was time for ‘exercise’. The rest went to lunch except Harry who walked side by side with me down the hall. He seemed out of it and a lot was on his mind. I think I know what was up.

“Harry?” I spoke

“hmm”

“Yes.” I said as I exhaled with a breath I realized I was holding.

“What?” we stopped and Harry turned face to face with me.

“If the offers still open when I get out of here, if you want I would like to take you up on moving in with you.” I said afraid he didn’t want me anymore.

“REALLY!” he shouted making me flinch. “Sorry but really.”

“Yeah but I want to talk about some stuff.” We walked to the nearby seat. “I don’t want you to get the idea we’re a couple but I loved the relationship we were at before all this.” I began

“You know what,” he paused I was ready for the turn down, “Whatever you want as long as you come home with me and we’re together.”

We finished the walk and as I entered the room, I heard a sharp gasp. My head snapped towards Alexa as she had her hand over her mouth.

“Alexis, you’re yo,” Eleanor said pointing to my stomach. I gently placed my hand over the red stain on the gown. I started hyperventilating,

“I’ll go get help!” Harry ran out, suddenly I felt light headed. And that was all I remembered before I blacked out.