twenty-nine // how it felt to hear you scream

Start from the beginning

As if on cue, Tyler and Jenna stepped away from the hotel desk and started towards us, multiple room keys in their hands.

"It's two people per room, so each one of you will have a bed to yourself," he explained. "Also, the guy made sure to tell me that we have to be extremely quiet after eleven."

Taylor and Pierre nodded, yanking room keys out of his hand and darting down the hallway towards the elevators. "Sorry, but we got to go!"

"Don't ask," Hayley and I said in unison as Tyler stared after them. "You really don't want to know." We weren't questioned any farther as we were handed our room keys. All our rooms were in a row right next to one another, but they do not have a door leading into each other.

The rest of Simple Plan and Josh soon stepped into the hotel, David and Jeff not looking very happy. Both of them were soaking wet and freezing.

"I'm going to kill your boyfriend, Courtney," David said, his teeth chatting.

"And I'm going to kill Taylor York," Jeff added.

"You are going to have to wait until they come out of their rooms," I explained. "They ran ahead of us to escape your rage."

Jeff shrugged. "I will just drown them in the pool."

Tyler handed the remaining passes out and we started towards the elevators. Chuck pressed the button and almost immediately the left elevator's doors separated. We all crowded in and Jenna clicked on the fifth floor button.

The hotel was very unique. The architecture reminded me slightly of the Greek culture because of its grandeur. All the design just gave off a very expensive feel; however, the elevator was quite creaky. I was honestly afraid it was going to get stuck. Luckily, it didn't.

We arrived on the fifth floor and the doors opened to reveal a very angry blonde lady with five or six kids surrounding her. Tattoos covered her entire bicep and I instantly hated her when all of us scooted passed her and she just gave us a dirty look. "That kid with the piercings and the blonde hair is one of those punks. Stay away from people like him," she whispered to the kids around her, loud enough for us to hear.

David clenched his fists to his sides and I quickly linked my arm through his in support. "Can I yell something under demeaning at her?" He asked through clenched teeth.

I patted his arm. "Be the bigger person. Besides, I would wait until Pierre was with you. He's good at insults."

The lady ushered all the kids into the elevator and the doors slid closed, leaving only us in the hallway. "Well, she was rude," Josh remarked, breaking the silence.

David nodded in agreement. "Apparently I'm not good enough to be around children because I have a nose and lip piercing. Why didn't she go after you, Jeff? You have a lip piercing as well."

Jeff shrugged. "The baldness probably masked the tiny piece of metal in my face."

We stopped in front of room number 524 and I was guessing that was the first room we had access to. Taylor and Hayley decided to share a room together and the room key in Hayley's hand read 524. I was actually looking forward to rooming with Hayley, but if she wanted to be with Taylor then I wouldn't protest.

The next room was 525 and Tyler and Josh quickly took it. 526 was Pierre's room based on the fact there was only one room key, which Seb had. He knocked on the door. "Pierre, it's Seb, not David or Jeff." He inserted the key into the door and pushed it open. I heard Pierre scream and the door slammed shut.

"I don't think he realizes that I can drown him at the pool," David told me. I nodded in agreement. "I don't think he does either."

Mark and Jeff took the next room and Chuck and David decided to room together, which left me with Jenna. She gave me a dirty look as she swiped the room key and pushed the door open. I sighed, heavily, and followed her inside.