Chapter 86: Closure

Start from the beginning

Because I didn't answer her, she faced me while her expression was in complete disbelief, "Jay..." she started, "Did you ... kiss her behind my back?"

I held my temples to relax myself, and apologized to her, "Stacy, I'm sorry..."

"When was it?!" she yelled to my face.

I heaved out a profound sigh and open my mouth to speak, "It was when we were alone in my room together when the rain came down. We had to take shelter somewhere. We were already here when you called to come over."

"Don't tell me you banged too?!"

"WHAT?! No!!! Please, I'm sorry Stacy, alright? I f*ck*d up!"

"Damn right you did!" hearing Stacy curse wasn't a good thing for me to hear. I never did like the idea of girls cursing, I thought that they were too fragile for messed up words.

"Stacy..." I began.

[Stacy's P.O.V.]

Jay wanted to interrupt, but before saying anything, I sighed and fixed myself up and spoke first, "You know what. I give up..." I paused to calm down a little, I could see that Jay was worried the minute I said that sentence, "I can't force you to love me if you don't feel that way anymore. I'll accept defeat this time and let you both be happy..."

I really couldn't do anything more. I had lost to Jade. Jay chose her over me. It hurts to think about it, but, letting him go was the best choice. If only Jade didn't come here, our relationship would've still been a-okay, and our future might've been brighter. But, our plane came crashing down.

He whispered out my name in grief, but I gave him a sincere smile instead, "If it's for the best... I know I'm no match for Jade anyway, but I'll just somehow have to accept this breakup. So, Chris..." I try to be strong, as I could feel my heart breaking into a million pieces. My voice cracks as I tell him, "I'm breaking up with you."

It hurt. It hurt so so so much. I held in the tears that threatened to come out and showed him that I was a strong woman, and that this breakup wouldn't affect me, even though it took quite the impact on me.

It looked like he wanted to apologize again, but I held my pointer up to stop him in his tracks, "Uh-pu-pup! Stop it! All I ask for is a reconciliation hug, can't I?" he smiled at me while he took me into a big apologetic bear hug. While still in a warm embrace, I asked of him, "Can we still be friends, Jay?"

"Of course! Friendship is a powerful bond..." he cracks out a weak smile as well.

"Thank you..."

It's for the best... I guess?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

[Chris' P.O.V.]

The next day, we continued to talk about how to settle things out and that we felt more better than we did the day before. Although we didn't act like nothing happen, we were well aware of our situation and avoided anything else that could stir us up again.

After all that, I finally had the day to spend with Jade. Of course, I didn't want to leave out Thomas and Manuel, because they were also very close with her. And besides, Thomas may not talk to me for spending another day with Jade again. It makes me wonder if he still likes her?

As I finished dressing for another day with Jade, it felt as if I was going on a date, since I was dressed up in a special attire. I wore my half-grey half-black three-fourths polo shirt, paired with black faded jeans and a pair of black and white converse shoes. I just thought that I looked really different today and was putting so much effort into a day with Jade even though the guys would tag along and me and Jade aren't even a couple yet.

It just makes me so happy to think that I can spend time with her freely without anyone judging us. I'm gonna make this day super fun! Yeah!

I put on some cologne before heading out my room and walking down the stairs. I found my aunt sitting on the sofa watching some drama series she likes as today was her day off. Manuel and Thomas were also down stairs waiting for me.

The first one to look my way was my aunt, "Ohh~!!! Is that my nephew?! Why are you so dressed up today~?" The three of them already know about my situation with Stacy, so my aunt had a devious smirk on her face.

"Hey! You're not forgetting us again are you?!" Thomas spat.

"Yeah... Go with Jade by yourself again?" laughed Manuel.

"Stop it you guys! This'll be our day with her. So, let me call her now, to surprise her." I was giddy, but a little nervous. The three of them teased me more. My aunt knew of Jade, so she already understood the situation.

As I dialed Jade's number and waited for her to pick up, I was grinning like a fool the entire time. When the line finally went through, "Hello?" God, let me see her now!

"Hey Jade!"

"Why are you calling Chris?" she sounded rather gloomy for my call. I started explaining things to her through the call and told her that we could hang out. I thought she was speechless for not answering for a while, but it scared the wits out of me when I heard her sniffling through the other line. I panicked.

She apologized that she couldn't hang out with us and that she was going back to Texas today. My spirits sunk. I was so desperate to see her, I even dressed up and all. But, it all went to nothing. My aunt and the guys were even worried themselves just listening to my answers to Jade's words.

"It's just... *sniffles* I'm sorry Chris..." she said soon before hanging up. I tried getting through to her even though my efforts were fruitless.

What are you thinking Winterson?!

_________________________________

Hey guys!!!

Yeah... Explanations revealed~! ^^

Be prepared for the next update! :3

Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment for #TPaTN~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts! ;)

~Kurisu-chan