Chapter 66: Consultation

Weeks have passed and now we're in the middle of December. I have had two dreams about Chris again this month, and they make me look desperate. And I don't know why, but in every dream I have of Chris, I see Thomas first. It's really weird in a way, but they are cousins...

In the first dream, I was on school grounds, trying on a cute, shiny, red gown over my PE uniform. I had already spotted the both of them, and pretended not to notice Chris, but he saw me and came near. "I see that gown suits you perfectly." he complemented me.

I giggled and answered him, "Of course! It's me after all..." and our conversations continued with a lot of chatting and a lot of 'I miss you's'.

In the second dream, it was still at school, since we would only have the time to spend with each other at school. He was one of our classmates, he would normally sit beside me and talk the day away with just about any topic that would come in to mind. But then the teacher called on him to talk for a while. I waited for too long and decided to go down to him.

I really seemed desperate for wanting to be with him all the while. I was greedy for him, I didn't want to be separated from him. And when I would finally see him go in a room, I would follow him, but be shocked not to see him there. It's like Chris in that dream was too far from my reach, no matter how much I tried to get closer. It filled me with such pain, that I didn't want to even remember the dream.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Going on facebook last night struck me so much. First, I saw a picture that one of my friends posted, saying: "Stupid people are Smart when it comes to love, and Smart people are Stupid when it comes to love."

Ouch! This was referring to me, wasn't it?!

But this time, I was a bit needy. I went to Chris' facebook and scanned through most of his pictures in California. I would even look through some of the old pics he had with us. It made me so sad looking at all his pictures with a smiling face, that it made me wanna cry. But because I didn't want to look stupid, I held in my sadness.

Minutes later, Chris was online. He immediately chatted with me, saying that he has a new princess, and that he loves her very much. He kept saying nice things about her and showed me a picture of her, and she was petite and cute. My heart soon started to ache some more.

I didn't want to ask him about what my mom told me weeks ago. I felt like those were questions that I needed to ask him in person. Soon after talking about the girl he likes, I started talking about my seatmate that resembles him a little. It was only a short talk though, because Chris immediately changed the topic and talked about California.

Did he dislike me talking about August?

No... I must be thinking too much...

Our chat, ended around half past 10 in the evening and we said endless good nights to each other until one of us would log off first. We kept on arguing to who would log out first, and since he kept on pushing me to do it, I said one last goodnight before logging out with an immediate reply as soon as I already logged out.

Dang it Chris! Haaaahhhh.... I'll just open it up tomorrow...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Today was our class adviser's birthday, and our class with her was on seventh period, afternoon class. After sixth period, our classmates quickly set up the classroom for ma'am to enter, and as she did, we surprised her by popping party poppers and shouting a happy birthday to her.

Instead of having classes, we just celebrated her birthday. It was really fun, of course, our teacher had fun too, even though she was a really strict person. Everybody else was having the time of their lives, partying inside the classroom, chatting with our teacher, taking pictures and dancing to the beat.

It kinda made me sad a little. Why? Well, from the songs played, I could just imagine Chris coming up to me and throwing his hands in the air and dancing, while making me dance with him too. Or when a mellow song was played, he'd hug me from behind or flirt on me. I laughed at my own stupidity and just sat down and stared out the window.

"Hey Jade? What's the matter? Why so blue?" asks Jenny.

"Jenny... I think I'm feeling something that I've never felt before..."

"What is it? I'm all ears..." she sat down beside me to listen to whatever I had to say.

"Well... I've been thinking about this guy a lot, and have dreamed about him four or five times  now, and I my heart aches whenever I see his smiling face online or him saying he likes some else..." I say, still with a sad face.

"It's Chris, isn't it?"

"H-How'd you know?!" I gasp.

"That means you love him! And please, we've all known from the start! It was only the both of you who were oblivious of each other!"

"I-I lo-love Chris?" I stutter, but start to blush.

"Yes! It's so obvious! God! I wondered when the two of you would've just become a couple and just make Sam give up on Chris, but no~... You both had to be stupid in love!" she teased me.

I giggled at Jenny for telling me such things, but accepted them, "You know what... I am stupid for just realizing it just now..."

"Well... As they say, you only know what's important to you until you loose them!"

"Dang... I hate that phrase..."

"We all do, Jade. We all do..." she rubs my back, "So, what are you gonna do about it?"

"I'll just see if I can get over him..."

"That's a toughie... Good luck with that~!" she teased me, "One question though?"

"Hm?"

"Is he your first love?"

"I thought a first love was someone's first boyfriend?"

"No... It's the person whom you've first loved seriously to that extent. Have you loved anyone else before?"

"Well, I've crushed on other guys before..."

"Did you take them seriously?"

"I don't think so..."

"Did you ever dream of them?"

"No..."

"Did you miss them so much before when they left, even for a short period of time?"

"I don't know..."

"Then Chris is your first love!" she declared, and my face heats up.

Chris is my first love?

How cheesy... But how annoyingly true... Chris was the first guy to ever make me feel this way in my entire life, but both of us, or maybe just me, couldn't see the reality before us. I either had a confused heart, or a heart of steel, if I hadn't thought of that yet.

"Thanks Jenny... I needed to understand my own self..."

"No problem Jade... Take care of yourself, alright?"

"Yeah. I will!"

...Chris was my first love...

________________________________

Hey guys!!!

Jade's just realized this now? XD She's really slow!!! XD Am I right or am I right? XD :D

Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment~!!! :)

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! ;)

~Kurisu-chan