Chapter 71: Goodbye

It's been a week now since I haven't talked to Skip. He doesn't text me, he doesn't even talk to me or look at my direction when we are in the same class together. We've only been an MU for more or less two months, and yet, it feels like he's distancing himself from me.

Last time we met, we only had short eye-contact and weak smiling. We didn't even approach each other. After class ended that time, I wanted to approach him, but going out the room, it's like he ran off to his next class, cause he wasn't in sight anymore. I was hurt.

This time, we had a demonstration activity. It was an individual project which we had to explain and show the class. I would mostly concentrate on peeking at Skipper, to see if he'd pay attention to me. He wasn't. Everyone in class was listening to me, except for Skipper. He would sometimes look, but only for a short while to go back on playing on his phone.

My heart was aching so much. I had finally fallen for you and you are affecting me so much, emotionally. My emotions don't mix with studying, in terms of grades, they were pretty much the same, I wasn't like other people who love and their grades get affected badly. But still, Skipper was breaking my heart.

After my report ended, it was time to let my classmates approach me to take a look at my work. But even though everyone was so hyped up to see my work, Skipper was just in his seat, talking with a friend. Have I angered you some time bro?

When listening to another person's report, two of my girl classmates and a gay, called me over to examine my work more and ask me more questions about it. I sat with them and entertained their questions, I was also sitting right behind Skipper. His seatmates looked behind to face me to ask a little more, but he wouldn't even face me.

I couldn't take it anymore!

I poked Skipper and asked if he was alright. He faced me and said that he was, with a sleepy smile and went back to playing on his phone. It still was painful for me.

When classes ended, he faced me to say goodbye with the same sleepy smile.

He doesn't usually say goodbye, he usually says 'see you soon' or 'see you later' or 'until next time', now, it's always 'goodbye'.

You say goodbye a lot lately. Is it really just a goodbye? Or goodbye to loving me?

We did our usual handshake as a sign of hello or goodbye, but after that routine I still grasped his hand and fought the tears that were threatening to come out. He asked if I was okay. I told him I was. But when he asked what the matter was, I answered, "You."

"Me?" he asked. I just shook my head and gave him a weak smile. He didn't seem to pry in any further and just said goodbye again. I just told him a weak bye.

Walking to my next class. I was really depressed. I had to put on my shades in case my eyes were red or swollen. I didn't want to be a laughing stock in college just because of a bad non-real relationship.

In class, we had an activity related to medicine. I finished earlier than most of my classmates, and since I was waiting for the remaining time to run out, I waited outside the classroom and stood by the corridor and just listened to some tunes on my phone. I still couldn't take it though, the scenario kept on replaying in my head, along with various questions if Skipper has gotten tired of me.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, my eyes wouldn't just stay dry. This was my first try in anything romantic, and it backfired. I knew I shouldn't have fallen for a guy who treats me well so easily. He was so cheesy and so caring at first that I thought that he would make me forget Chris, but now, I've realized that even though Chris was a real pervert, he was a real friend and was real on how he treated me! My heart was in so much pain.