Chapter 48: Sweater

"Jade! Jade! Good morning~!" Mae pounced on me.

"And Good morning to you as well, Mae." I giggled.

"Good morning!"

"Morning mademoiselle Jennifer..." I tried to put on a French accent. But, the two just laughed at me, and so did I.

"What's so funny so early in the morning?" Sam came to join us.

"My stupid French accent." I laughed.

"Really? Let me hear too~!" she pleaded.

"Nah! I'm not doin' it again..." I stuck my tongue out.

"Awe! but I wanted to hear it again~..." whined Mae.

"Nope~!" I popped the p.

"A pleasant morning ladies."

"Mornin'!" replied Mae.

"Good morning." replied Jenny.

"Yeah, mornin'." I replied.

"Good morning Chris." replied Sam.

"Hey! Is that a new sweater?" asked Mae.

"Oh, you noticed? Yeah! It is!"

"Ooo~! Can I borrow it?" asked Sam.

"Nope! But does it suit me?" he bragged.

"Yeah... It does..."

"Awesome!"

*RIIIIIIIIIIINGGGG*

"Okay class, return to your seats!" The teacher said as soon as the bell finished ringing. Well, that was quick!

The teacher wrote stuff on the board and briefly explained the details. I was copying and listening at the same time. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chris and Isaac exchange places. Chris was now sitting next to me. I knew he'd do this often just to talk about random stuff.

"Hey Jade!" he called out to me, but low enough so the teacher wouldn't hear.

"What is it?" I ask, still copying down notes.

"My mom asked me about arranged marriages to see how'd things turn out, for my future love life."

"And then? How was it?" I asked normally.

"Well, it's a family friend from Illinois, so we had our first chat on facebook." he laughed.

"Cool! What was it about?" I found it intriguing.

"Well, we asked about our personal lives, and our family and friends."

"That sounds normal..."

He pinched my cheek, "LOL! Well... Then she asked who my closest male best friend was and I told her it was Victor. And when she asked who my closest female best friend was, I told her it was you!"

Well, that flattered me and made me happy. But why are my cheeks heating up?

"Awe... Thanks Chris!" I punched him lightly on the shoulder.

"Am I your closest male best friend?" he asked with a serious expression.

That shocked me, but I replied honestly, "Yes, obviously you are." I laughed.

"Am I your first male best friend? Because you're my first true female best friend."

Why am I blushing?!?!?!

"Sorry Chris, but I have had plenty other close guy friends in the past..." I  looked away for some reason.

He sighed, "I understand... But I'm still you're closest right?" I nodded and pinched his cheek to reassure him.