Chapter 83: Jade and Stacy

[Jade's P.O.V.]

"Why does Stacy want to talk to me?! What did you tell her?!!" I was panicking.

"Jade... Calm down..."

"Did you tell her I was here? Is she mad at me? Does she want to claw my eyes out?!"

"JADE!" he yells and I stare at him with despair, "Listen to me first... Please?"

"Uh... O-Okay..."

"She just called out of the blue saying that she just wanted to talk to you and clear things out. Sounds like she's just checking to know if I'm cheating on her or not. Even though I obviously did." he then looked to the side with a guilty look on his face, "I even lied to her that we were still on the way to my house. I am such an appalling person..."

"Chris..." I try to comfort him, but I couldn't think of anything else to say in response.

"It's alright... Answer as honestly as you can. I am not gonna hide away in my shell and be the cunning devil that I am." he looks at me with a frail smile, and I give him a feeble nod in reply.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

More than twenty minutes have passed by and the door bell sounds. Me and Chris were quietly waiting for Stacy in the living room. It was all we could do, being edgy doesn't help the situation, so we just held in our inner thoughts and grasp what's coming for us.

"That's probably her right now. Try not too act too tense." Chris says as he goes for the door.

Moments later, the door unlocks and I hear them faintly talking from the living room.

"Hey Stace."

"Hi Jay!" a pause, they must be sharing their greetings, "When did you arrive?"

"Oh around ten minutes ago or so..."

"Oh!" and I don't catch the following words and assume she's whispering.

"Yeah... She's in the living room."

Oh... She must've been asking where I was?

"Anyways, I'll introduce you to her Stace."

"I'd be delighted!"

They then appear in the living room and I stand up and bow at them, "It's a pleasure to meet you Stacy."

"Huh?! W-Why are you bowing?!!" she was alarmed at my sudden exploit.

"Oh... Sorry, it's how I usually greet people in respect."

"Why? Do you work as I maid?" she asked like she really didn't have a clue.

"Stacy!" Chris scolds and she jolts in confusion.

"It's alright! It's because of my culture..." I assure her.

"Your culture?" she's still bewildered.

"Yes. I am half American and half Japanese."

"Whoah!!! Cool!!! But, why is a half Asian taller than me?" she pouts, making me self-conscious.

"It's because her parents are taller than yours!" Chris teases.

"Hey! That was mean Jay!" she whimpers and Chris just laughs at her as she throws little punches at him. I am somehow getting a little jealous, although I feel guilt coming up as well.

"So, Jade?"

"Yeah?"

"I heard that you and Chris are best friends and haven't seen each other in years."