Chapter 79: Pain in the Rain

[Jade's P.O.V.]

After Chris reassured me that he would be right back, I then grabbed a hold of myself and sought for the nearest bench to sit on.

That girl, Stacy, she must be Chris' girlfriend right?

There's no other way to explain how she reacted. Her words kept on replaying in my head, "I never would have imagined you cheating on me Jay."

I feel so cruel. It feels like I'm stealing someone else's boyfriend. I admit that I do love Chris and am very happy that he's here spending time with me; but I can't tolerate myself being the evil one here and cause a relationship breakup.

I'm sorry Stacy, I didn't mean it. I'm so sorry Chris, I didn't mean to damage your perfect relationship with your girlfriend. I mean, c'mmon! All those sweet pictures you guys have together and all the months you've spent together as a couple, you guys are perfect for each other!

"I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry..."

[Chris' P.O.V.]

I finally caught up to Stacy and grab her by the arm, we were still meters away from the exit, but I had to pull her away to explain things to her and not embarrass ourselves in public.

"Let go of me you cheater!" she tries to shake me off.

"No! Please... Please just let me explain!"

"Explain what?! The fact that I caught you flirting with another girl?!! I mean, I know that you're a playboy, but I... I TRUSTED you, you know!!!" she throws punches at me, pouring all of her sadness and pain out on to me.

What she said was painful, she trusted me, and yet, I gave in to temptation. I am really the worst boyfriend ever. I then grasped her arms and reasoned out, "I know... I'm a sly b*st*rd for being like that to a girl who is not my girlfriend. I'm sorry that I've hurt you, I deserve a hard slap across the face for that!"

"You do!!!" she shouted with her cracking voice and blurry eyes.

"Just let me explain... Babe..." her eyes then started to trail down as I hold her cheek, "You are my girlfriend, she... Jade, is my high school best friend, she's still dear to me up till now! We just met earlier today and we haven't met face to face for three years now! We used to talk and bond a lot in the past, so I just wanted to catch up on where we last stopped from three years ago..."

"Why didn't you tell me she was coming then? Why did you say that you'd hang out with the guys?" she sniffled.

"I'm so sorry, but she surprised me. I didn't expect her coming at all! So, I'm truly sorry..." I try to soothe her by pulling her into an embrace while I rub her back.

"Okay then... I *sniffle* trust you... *sniffle*" she says as she nuzzles her face onto my chest. Stacy is a lot shorter, she's only up to my shoulders.

"Thanks babe..." I smile at her while I wipe away the tears from her eyes. She then breaks free of me and distances herself, but with a weak smile on her face. "Stacy?"

"You should go back to your friend. And please apologize to her for me that I misunderstood the situation. Although, it was your fault too." she mumbled but managed to give out a smile.

"Yeah... I'm sorry..."

"It's okay... I'll be going now, my friend just called me here to check things out with you..."

"Oh..." I scratch my cheek in embarrassment, "I'll call you tonight! Take care now!"

"I will!" she waved and I wave back at her, "You'd better call me! I love you Jay!"