Chapter 69: What If

It's been more than a month since I started college, and I have gained a couple of good friends already. As usual, I was more closer to the guys than the girls. The girls had a more girly vibe than what I expected which made me uncomfortable to stay around them for long.

I was no flirt, but I've always been a girl who has been 'One of the boys' since my elementary days. I only had a few girl friends and more male friends. I would sometimes be called a flirt for this misunderstanding, but people would gradually know the real me and call me a tomboy instead.

Let people judge me for who they see me as, but even the great Google doesn't know me completely.

I enrolled as a student studying Medicine for a reason that I wanted to study about ailments and wanting to find a real cure for them with no side affects or for the person to become healthy again.

There are quite the guys in this course though. It shocked me quite a bit. But of course, there are a lot of male doctors in the world.

On the first few days of school, I was alone and had no one to talk to. I was a person who wanted to be approached first and not the one to approach first. And thankfully, even though I was waiting to be approached, there were those who approached me. They all seemed like nice people, but I didn't want to judge too early; and I was right for following my instincts, because they became a rowdy bunch after becoming friends with each other.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When one of our lectures ended up early and there was still an hour for our next class, I sat in one of the universities lounges with my course-mate and new friend, Floyd. His friend, Randy, was with us just talking the minutes away. They then entered the topic to talking about babes.

Great... So I'm not a girl in this conversation either...

Sigh... Well, knowing Floyd, he is a womanizer. "Randy... I have an ideal girl in mind though..." Floyd said with his hand below his chin.

"And what kind of girl would that be Floyd?" he snorted.

"It would be a beautiful girl with white, smooth skin, and cute little eyes..."

Wow... I don't want to be full of myself, but I'd say, I have all of those characteristics...

"Cool!" I interrupted, "Although... It would be nice if the guy were taller than the girl." I added, no offense intended.

Floyd then suddenly sobbed helplessly, which made me confused and asked if he was alright. He then told me to stand up, and as I did, he motioned his hand to and fro from his and my head. I was five foot eight and he was five foot seven.

Oops! Did I unintentionally hurt his feelings?

So, I tried to cheer him up, "It's okay Floyd... You're just an inch shorter than me..."

He wept again and pointed at me saying, "But you..." and didn't continue as he continued to sob in despair.

I didn't actually know that you were referring to me. Or maybe I'm too dense?

"I'm so sorry Floyd... I didn't mean it..." I tried to calm him down.

'I thought it was some other chick.' I thought.

"If you hug me, I'll cheer up..." he pouted.

"Ugh... Foine..." I then hugged him and he was like a happy kid, getting a hug from his mommy.

"Ooohhhh!!!!!" Some guys shouted from behind. They were our other course-mates and friends. They pointed at us, teasing us because of hugging.

"You guy's jealous?" Floyd laughed triumphantly as he teased them back and hugged me again. I just laughed with him, but in a sarcastic way. I understood the situation, it's just that my friends are goofy.