Chapter 58: A Song

"Stop doing that!"

"Doing what?" asked Chris, who was straddling himself on top of my lap.

"This!" I complained. It was break time, and even though Chris has Amy, he won't stop being what he already is.

"Jade~! Wanna sing with me?" asked Mae as she sat beside me with a song book in her hands. Chris got off of me and sat beside me instead.

"Thank you." I told Chris as he got off, and faced Mae, "You know I don't sing or even like music, remember Mae?" I laughed.

"I know~~!! But I just want you to sing with me..."

"I don't have a nice voice." I stated flatly.

"Please!" Mae begged with her puppy dog eyes, which I couldn't resist. I petted her head and sighed out a 'fine' and she then turned the pages to look for songs which she thinks I know how to sing. Of course she'd do all the singing, cause I have a horrible voice. Chris would just silently watch and listen to us sing though.

After laughing about a really high pitched song that Mae sang silently, yes silently, Chris then began to start whispering in my ear again. Well, I thought he was whispering, until he actually bit my ear, causing me to nag at him again.

"I hope we'd have a JS Prom here sometime..." Mae said randomly.

"A what prom?"

"A Junior-Senior Prom~! For 3rd and 4th year high school students!"

"Why do we need one?"

"Just for fun." she shrugged.

"I hate proms." Chris suddenly said, making us look at him.

"And why hate them?"

"Because Amy's not here to be my date..." he pouted.

"Point taken."

"If we had one, would you be my date for the prom, Jade?" he asked me with a shy smile, which shocked me.

"S-Sure! It's just a friendly date!" I was tensed.

"Of course it is!" he laughed, "I may feel weirded-out or awkward with the other girls..." that made my smile weaken. I don't know why that hurt... "What's more exciting? The face? Lips? Butt? Or down there?" he suddenly changed the topic.

I snickered at him and bopped him on the head for that, "Crazy!"

Out of nowhere, Marvin suddenly grabs my hand and places it on his neck. That shocked me, but he had a look like he was serious and didn't have the energy to do anything. Because shock was still in me, we were staring at each other for quiet a while.

"A-hem?" Mae cleared her throat, making us look at her, "What's this all about?"

Marvin quickly let go of me and walked away. I ran after him to try and check again, but just by touching him a little, he yelled at me, "Don't touch me!" A first for me, from a guy who's not usually serious.

"I just want to feel your temperature!" I yelled at him, causing some other classmates to stare at us, but thankfully, just ignored us.

I tried to feel his neck, but he smiled gently for some reason and pushed me back to my place, "You should go back there! Chris might get jealous and break up with you!" he teased.

"Marvin! We don't love each other that way!" I pouted.

Something feels off about him today though?

"Excuses! Go! Shoo!" he pushed me.

I took one last worried glance at him and he replied with a nod, and I muttered beneath my breath, "Fine..."