Chapter 7: Family

Another failed day to try and be alone. But that darn Mr. Calderson keeps comin' over to flirt with me... To freshen up your memory, Calderson is Chris' last name...

Hoo-rah... (Noting the sarcasm).

But I am somehow a little happy that some people are actually talking to me now than before, and that there's actually a person who spends more time with me than my own circle of friends! Even though he is a perv, he's still nice to me. I finally feel as though I am living as a human and not a robot...

As I went to sit on the floor on break time, Emily comes to lay on my lap again. I let her. This time, Sam sits beside me too. Chris came near again, and repeated the whole scenario again, but adding more to his script...

"Our child is beautiful, just like her mother. She got those genes from you Jade."

I try to ignore him this time.

"Yay~! Mommy's pretty and so am I!" cheered Emily like a little kid.

Geez Emily... You're making me embarrassed here...

Wait! That's not the point! Sam's beside me!

Knowing that Sam was beside me, I motioned my eyes at Chris again, telepathically saying, "Chris! Sam's right here."

He looks to where my eyes were pointing at and looked shocked, "Oh? You were here Sam?" He just noticed her?!

Of course, she was hurt, it's so easy to read her expression. She snapped at him, "Wow! It's so like you to not notice me."

"Well, I'm sorry..." he said non-convincingly and continued on, "Hey! In this family, I'm the dad, Jade's the mom, Emily's our child, and you'll be my mom and Emily's grandma!" he announced happily.

Why is Chris doing this to her? Is he trying to hurt Sam on purpose???

"Hey... Hey... Jade! Did you remember what we did last night?!" he asked like a little kid.

Wait! What?!

"Yeah! When we were alone in a room with a bed, we—-"

"Don't you dare try to finish that sentence!" I cut him off.

Emily left to go to her other friends, and I stood up to go somewhere else to try and leave Sam together with Chris.

Sensing that someone was following me, I looked behind me. Chris. Why is he following me?! He just left Sam there all alone! Chris just left a lady alone!

I couldn't believe how insensitive Chris was being right now...

I decided to go back to where Sam was at to keep her company. Unfortunately, I have a loyal dog who keeps following me wherever I go. When I sat on the floor, he sat on my lap.

You are not a dog!!!

I pushed him off of me, and he sat in front of us instead.

Chris never took his eyes off of me. "Jade... Why are you so cute?" he praised me.

I glance over at Sam who was staring angrily at Chris. Oh boy... Oh boy...

"Why are you even here Sam? You're such a joiner! I just wanted to be with Jade alone..." he pouted.

I didn't want Sam to be on my bad side too, so I helped her, "Well, you're such a feeler! Thinking you're good at this and that!"

I didn't think it helped though...

Sam still looked like she was in pain to even look at the both of us.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At last, time for lunch. I'm starving!

As I gather my lunch to eat outside by the picnic area, Chris comes near, wanting something. "What's that look for?" I ask.

"Uhm... Jade... I forgot my lunch today... So, I'll buy my lunch in the cafeteria. I'm sorry that I have to leave for a while." he said with a sad expression.

"Why are you asking for my permission? You don't need it! Besides, I don't like you!" I think I cut the wound in too deep...

He looks at me with sorrowful eyes, "I'm sorry to have upset you!" he says as he bows his head apologetically.

After I ate my lunch, Iwent back in the classroom and started to have a little chat with Sam. Unknowingly, Chris appears from out of nowhere, kisses his hand, and smacks it on my lips! That hurt! But then I realize...

I slowly touched my lips. I could feel my cheeks burning up...

W-Was that an i-indirect k-k-kiss?

"Noooooo!!!!!!" I chased down Chris to hit him, but he just runs away laughing, like we're playing tag! "That wasn't funny Christopher!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After classes, I went to the only place where I was safest and relaxed, the library. I went there to concentrate on memorizing the poem we were assigned on from our Speech class.

Suddenly, somebody pinched the side of my stomach from behind me which made me yelp in surprise. Jumping form the scare, I faced the person. It was only Isaac, one of Chris' tails or should I say 'minions'. I say minion because he's close friends with Chris and he's also a perv. But not as much as Chris though, to my relief.

Then to my dread, Chris, Victor, his other tail, and my friends Justin, Cody, and George enter the library as well. Chris sits on the right side of me and immediately hugged me without my approval. I pushed him away.

I keep pushing him away, don't I?

Looking at the other guys about to sit on the other side of the chairs lined beside the table, it made me laugh when Victor and Cody fought for the chair that was in front of me.

Awe... That's cute...

Cody is a childhood friend of mine. We've been friends ever since we were in the first grade, and I knew he started crushing on me since the sixth grade. He was too obvious to try and hide it though. He accepted me as who I am.

Darn... I'm blushing now, aren't I?

I try to calm myself down.

Then Chris starts up with his antics again. He starts to hug me and never let go, no matter how hard I try to push him away. Cody and Victor stare at us closely. I demanded Chris to stop, amazingly, he followed. But then he went right back to cuddling me, even pushing him away or demanding him to stop wouldn't work anymore.

So I told him, "If you don't want me to sit far away from you, you better behave yourself!"

"No! Stay here beside me!" he begged as he let go of me and kept his hands to himself and behaved accordingly like a child who was just scolded by his parents.

Ughhh.... Sometimes, you just gotta try to tame the wild ones...