Chapter 20

We made it back to the group before my mom collapsed. the rest of the group rushed over surrounding her and I was shoved back to the edge of the group.

"hey you ok"? Song asked reaching out to scratch my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine but I just have this weird feeling"? I just stared at the large group of horses and ponies surrounding my mom. "Why do you and eagle hate the royale group so much"?

"Well  the royale group seems to think that they are so much better than everyone else. they act like they are some secret club and sphinx acts as their leader only some horses can be in the herd like a birth right or something, and then they have the guard who is like a lower level club kind of like the mutts of the club. they don't let horses like us join we are considered the bottom of the horse chain we live to serve the farmers and the others were they live their lives as their kings do." song said her tail hitting me in the side as she began to dose off.

"So you just hate them because they have some big secret to hide and don't want anyone else to find out." I shook the dirt out of my mane.

"no I mean its the fact that they act so stuck up and look down on the rest of us instead of trying to be friendly."

"Hawke come here" my mom called from the middle of the group and I trotted over lowering my head to snort in her ear. she shook her head before getting up and leaving the group to stand under a nearby pine. " Hawke I need to tell you that you are very special even more special than your father thinks. you are a fourth teires breed there have only been four like you before and only seventeen others have even come close to being a fourth teires."

"Whats a teires"? I asked extremely confused

"Wait another couple of weeks and you will understand.

"But mom... Hawke I need to rest lets talk about the rest of this later." she sighed and dropped her head and I laid down beside her.

"Psst Hawke" my dad called from a few feet away"

"Yeah" I said as I walked up beside him. "umm do you want to walk to the pond with me" He asked. "Sure" we walked silently around the edge of the pond. "I want you to know that this is not how your mom wanted you to meet the herd you met song and eagle before you met us and a lot of horses like them hate the royales we are a part of the royales your mother you and I all are one of the top royales though you don't know the reason yet just know we do love you and the royale herd is not a place for everyone song and eagle are not a part of that group and you should have them returned to their herd before we get back to the village" dad never once looked at me as we walked

" why cant they be a part of the herd is their some sort of secret I should know about and no I wont just leave them with their original herd and act like they don't exist or be  a part of the royales if they wont let mixed breeds in the herd"

"We don't get to choose if we are in the herd or not our bloodlines choose" dad snorted

"So then they are mixed breed and they cant be in the herd"???

"Its not like that Hawke your a mixed breed its your bloodlines you will understand here soon enough and then I wont sound crazy and the royales wont seem so bad anymore.