Chapter 9

Eagles pov

Thud the sound was sickening and the beast that had been about to take off both of hawkes legs was now flying through the air in the opposite direction. I watched the little horse as it viciously attacked all of the beasts that had gathered.
"Take that....and that....and...that"
The little horse said slowly running out of breathe. Once Hawke and song were standing safely by me the little horse turned away from the stream and to the top of the hill
He just looked at is before snorting and beginning to walk away.

Hawke p.o.v

"Hey" I said the little horse had saved us or me at least and now he was just going to walk away? I yelled a little louder and when the horse still didn't stop I ran after him followed by song and eagle.
" little horse thing come back" eagle called out to the little horse. At the sound of little horse thing the little horse turned around.
"Little horse I'm a mini mile stronger than any of you little horses" the mule turned around snorting out the words making is sound as if we were really stupied little kids. "What are you doing out here anyways why aren't in you in the village with everyone else no one wants you out here"
The words felt like a stab to all three of us. I stopped the others stopping beside me and we just watched him leave.
"He is so grumpy" song said
"Um we have to follow him, the village is in the same direction" eagle nodded in the direction the mule had gone.
"We might as well catch up then" I sighed before we all set of at a trot toward the village. We stopped at a good distance away from the mule who was watching the village and muttering. The only words we caught were the ones that were carried on the wind. We heard come..late...ugg...I.....wait.....always.....and then a grunt.
The mule headed toward one of the lonely trees that was on the side of the hill. The mule dropped his head to the ground and began scooping the apples that had fallen into a neat pile eating one every once in a while.
It had been about another half hour and we were getting board watching him and were about to head into the village alone instead of following the mule like we had hoped to do. The Sun was starting to go down and the mule was just guarding the apples. The Sun hit a point where it was directly behind the town and the town couldn't be seen in the flare. There was the so I d of many hooves and all three of us glared in the direction of the Sun looking for the source of the sound. A mere minute later a beautiful pure red horse made it's way out of the glare with about 15 others following it. The stallion who looked light gray came after the others and headed straight to the mini mule who had walked away from the pile of apples allowing the mare and a few of the yearlings to eat them as well. The stallion began to speak to the mule and we couldn't here what they said. We made sure the mule and stallion couldn't see us and tried to get closer.