Chapter 12

Hawkes pov

I came up right beside her on about the fifteenth turn passing her and wheeling around on the next turn Feet skidding almost out from underneath me as I turned to face her she stopped dead staring at me with wonder I just stood waiting for her to make the first move. She still hadn't moved and I had caught my breath a little bit I realized that the whole herd was staring at me I noticed vaguely that there were more horses that had showed up these ones more colorful than the rest. "What" I asked. The whole herd just continued to stare.
"No one not ever no one GENT." Neptune said the first part amazed but called the name to the part of the herd that had colored horses.
Gent a Brown and white paint quarter horse walked from the herd toward Neptune.
"Were you here in time to see this" Neptune asked gent curiously.
"I saw him Chase the palomino and then start to Chase galaxy so yeah I saw the whole thing" looks like you have your new herd prize if he Chooses to stay. All the colored horses looked at me expectantly.
"Well I need to find my mom and help song and eagle find their parents as well and ..well..I don't know what your herd prize is exactly." the herd seemed to gasp at the same time.
"The prize of each herd is the one who goes to competion against the other herds. You see both of our herds work together to save the line horses or the lower ranked horses from the other herds. Like beauty here she was the lowest even pushed around by the babies. It took her a while to get used to not being pushed around and now she gets along perfectly with everyone are mission is to help all the horses eventually we have twenty total herds and each one is different. For exampme the herd run by gent is for the randomly colored horses while my herd is for purebred arabians most who have only one solid color. There are other herds Like quarter paints. You seem to have Arabian in you but your colored so you would end up in gents spectacular color group because many of those horses are also of higher bloodlines. Gent is a purebred barrel racer and was the prize of his herd but when he took over he got a little out of shape speed wise he has more stamina now than speed." Neptune finished explaining the way the herds worked and how song and eagle would be in the quarter horse purebred group since there parents where pure bred quarter horses and they were of normal colors. Since I was invited to be the prize of the herd and we still had six days until we would be helped by the herd so I excepted on the condition that eagle and song could practice with me since they were literally the only friends I had. I mean I was only about half a month old by now and had been searching for my mom half of that time there was really No time for friends.