Chapter 2

I woke to shashi's soft voice talking quietly with my mom. " aquayla you need to go and....oh he's awake, what beautiful eyes" shashi said trying to cover whatever She was about to say.
"She needs to go and what" I asked curious since she had stopped talking as soon as she had seen I was awake. " nothing" Her eyes brightend as she stood and playfully pawed at the ground. She was older than my mom but three times as playful. Shashi was seven years old and had lived with the people who had been aboard the ship since she was eight months old. I wobbled onto my legs and bolted straight under her front legs "catch me if you can" I called running around a tree and then back towards her. We played for well over an hour when shashi stopped and flicked her ears toward the hill's in the direction of my mother and the rest of the herd. I turned around and saw a giant hoof right behind me " aahh....shader you scared me" I huffed once I could talk again.
" what is it" shashi asked lowering her head. " more Two legs have come and"....he glanced at me...."she's worse I don't think she will make it through if the Two legs decide to raid the camp or take everyone away, she needs the help of the people but won't move". "what who needs help. I asked once they started to whisper. BANG! One. Of the mens guns go off and all three of us race to the top of the hill to see what's going on. Shader reaches the top first and turns telling me to stay where I am. "whats going on I ask" when no one answers I sneak up to a tree and look out from behind it when I do I see all the men from the ship walking in a line surrounded by gorgeous horses and more men theses ones some how different than ours. They were more in touch with their horses than our men were. They had The two andalusians and The pair of matching pony of the America's all connected to one of their horses by ropes of various colors. They had also caught the grey quarterhorse and dark chesnut stallion who were putting up more of a fight than the others and actually had the new men on their backs as well as being tied to another horse. One of the men dismounted a black and white paint and Headed toward my mother. He looked at her before raising up his bow and arrow aiming it at her head. Shashi realizing I was watching shoved me back away from the top of the hill. There was a sound of string vibrating and the sound of an arrow I climbed back to the top of the hill just in time to see the men and horses disappear into the trees on the other side of the clearing all except my mom. Shader and shashi bowed their heads low and began to talk rapidly. Ignoring them I ran down the hill side. It only took about three minutes to get down the mountain even with all the slipping and sliding. I skidded to a stop at the edge of the treeline a look of suprise on my face. There was a two leg standing over my mother. I was preparing to run full out at it when it stood up and I realized it was lynar. I walked slowly out of the trees as lynar kept fluttering around my moms head. I watched not making a sound as he pulled the arrow out of her neck. The wound was deep but in a position that was not fatal. Once my mom could stand we camped in the tree line and waited for the next day so My mom could rest.