Chapter 11

I woke to the sound of the other horses nickering softly to each other as they slowly grazed up the side of the hill. I looked around for the gray stallion from the night before. I finnaly spotted him but he wasn't gray he was a magnificent silver blue to an color. I stood up with my friends and we shook the loose dried up dirt off of our necks and backs. The blue stallion saw is stand up and he trotted neatly over to us.
"Sorry about last night I was in a not so good mood and usually I'm very upbeat and not sad or whatever I was yesterday, by the way the names neptune" the stallion said. I looked at him weirdly this horse looked like he was ten years old but the way he was prancing around and snatching up mouthful of grass he was barely a yearling. Neptune must have noticed My looks because he stopped prancing around and explained himself.
"This herd is full of high energy were always energetic in some way from the youngest foal to our twenty two year old mare" Neptune lowered his head and bucked before half centering half prancing over to a cluster of mare. The mares waited until Neptune was about to plough right through before playfully bucking as they scattered to other mares who were just grazing. We watched as a game of tag slowly started with Neptune chasing after the mares while watching out for zest who was like the protecter of the mares. As we figured out the rules of the game we started to join in. Neptune couldn't be touched by zest or he would due and loose half of the mares he had collected. But zest couldn't loose his mares cause the game would end. The mares had to run away even if they were tired This game was meant to keep the herds stamina speed and sharp turns on point. I joined in as another stallion helping Neptune to gather mares. Eagle joined in as zests helper and song became another mare. I mostly chased song and the other young horses in the herd with eagle on My tail the whole time. It was like there was a kids game and an adults game with the way we ended up split across the hill. I began to Chase a young girl who took off at lightninh speed.
"What's your name" I called chasing after her.
"Galaxy, catch me if you can" she huffed and taunted as she began to weave between a row of peach trees that had been planted by the villagers years before Neptune had even been born. Zest had told us that the row of peach trees was called weavers death because they were so close together that you had to do litteraly a full turn to run through all of them and most couldn't do it. The weavers death was a little daunting as I jumped into the first turn but zest had also said that over half the herd could do it. Pushing thoughts of the difficulty level out of my head I switched to one thought catch falcon.