Chapter 8

The next day was uneventful song and eagle had mentioned the royale herd and how there were a chosen few who had been born into it but left to be normal. These few horses were very helpful to other herds and Coincidently were in the same direction as my mother had been taking. We had traveled for a long time and reared in the bottom of the valley taking turns watching for other animals.

Eagles p.o.

I watched as my sister slept curled up in the tall grass and Hawke standing half asleep by a tree. If he didn't sleep he wasn't going to make the journey through the mountains we were getting closer and would reach them tommorow but I worried for him. "Hawke go to sleep" he just shook flicked his ear lightly giving a slight snore. " I know your just dozing" he didn't move this time. I have up on arguing and turned back to looking out over the hill's.

Song p.o.v

Eagle told Hawke to sleep but Hawke just kept standing there eagle thought I was asleep but for some reason I just couldn't sleep I stood up looking at the others to make sure the weren't watching I was just going to sneak back over the hill to the stream we had crossed it was only about two minutes back and couldn't hurt.
Just as I rescue the top of the hill Hawke flicked his ears and called out at me.
"Song where do you think your going"
"To the stream I want a drink and I'm the only one resting anyways" I flicked my tail at a bothersome fly and began to walk down the other side of the hill. It was only a couple of minutes before Hawke and eagle caught up I looked at them as if they were slow and lowered my head to get a drink from the stream.

Hawke p.o.

I saw the water ripple a neutral green color as I watched song drink from the stream. Sensing the danger I leaped at it." haa run" I called landing right on top of the green thing as it burst out of the water Song had jumped sideways and foward when I had yelled and was now standing in the middle of the stream. I saw more ripples headed toward her and ramed into her causing he r to stumble into the shire. I counted at least fifteen ripples headed toward me and reared up ready to fight my way to shore. The weird ripple beast seemed to be weary of my hooves and backed up using the time to my advantage I began to make my way to the shore. I jumped over one of the ripples as I headed for the shore and another one leaped into the air. It was then I realized I wasnt tough I was old enough to be protecting anyone and I was probably going to for right get in a stream being attacked by the little ripples of the stream though the little ripples were not so little.