Prologue part 3

I looked down at my fragile baby as he tried to stand on the rocking boat. His Brown and white paint face shivered as the water dripped onto his nose as it had mine minutes before. I heard the stomping of boots and turned to see the captain of the men coming down the stairs. He walked over and looked at her after putting on the last life raft.
" Ahh a little one eh, to bad it was born in a storm destined to destroy this entire ship" the captain chuckled nervously before hitting me on the rump causing me to jump out of the stall. He turned and sat on the hay.
I had felt the shift in the weather and knew that the storm was going to blow us around but I didn't think it was going to destroy the ship. Turning and nickering to my baby I started to open the stalls of the other horses. If it was going to get nasty I was going to give the other horses a chance to survive.
I had hardly unlocked the last stall when I heard a low rumbling and swooshing sound. The lanterns were knocked of The wall's and a couple landed in The hay. As The small flames caught The hay the giant black shire horse reared and screamed into the darkness of the cellar. The captain seeing the fire ran up the stairs as fast as he could with the life raft bumping into the railing every five steps. The prized gypsy vanner pawed at the stairs with her fluffy golden feet tossing her light golden mane before leading the other eight horses up them and out on to the deck. I turned looking for my baby not seeing him a neighed when he didn't answer I neighed loudly. A soft nicker came from the other side of the hay. My baby was stuck on the other side of the fire, without thinking I jumped over the fire my elegant legs tucked neatly to my chest. I was a little rusty I hadn't jumped in a long time and i landed way to close to the fire and felt the hair on my rump burn. I jumped foward and nudged my baby back to it's feet looking for the door to the horse ramp and heading towards it. Once I was close enough I saw that it was locked with multiple locks. My baby looked at me with confused eyes. "It's all right Hawke I said" and pushed him back a little ways. I reared and pawed at the locks with my small hooves at times like this I wished I could have been a shire or other big draft horse who could easily take down the door. The fire was working it's way along the damp wall's and I had the door down with plenty of fire free space left. I called for Hawke to follow me and Headed up the ramp. To my disappointment there was another door at the top of the ramp this one thicker than the last. I shrieked at the door hoping one of the other horses would hear me and take down the door from the other side. When no one returned my call I began to attack the door yet again. I heard shouts from the other side but didn't care I just kept attcking the door the fire was making it's way up the ramp and I was running out of time. The stable boy lynar opened the door and I fell through. I was glad to see he was okay but I needed to get Hawke away from the fire.