Chapter 10

Hawke pov

The closer we got to the stallion and mule the more we could make out. Apparently their was a hay shortage in the village and the herd was going to spend the next couple of days on the fields surrounding the village as a way to not destroy the few fields that still had food. The mini mule shook his head.
"By The way There were three kids one By the gator stream, and they are currently sitting behind the Bush to your left eaves dropping" The mule looked straight at us and the stallion turned to state as well.
I stood up slowly taking charge as the leader of our little group.
"We are just looking for help in rescuing our parents" I stated simply.
"Well we are usually a helpful herd but we are not doing anything for the next week". The stallion looked sad for a minute but tried to cover it by taking a bite of the grass
"Why won't you help anyone for the next week?" I asked.
"We are awaiting the arrival of my daughter she was sold to a sailor awhile back and visits on every return trip to our land, but she hasn't made it back and of she doesn't show whithin the next week then She very well may be dead." The stallion was expecting the worst for their herd member.
Well we could wait with you I was born on a ship and my mom was taking once we got on the land. So we can wait for your member to arrive on her ship.
"And she was so happy about the four suprises she was bringing with her she had the whole three days she would be here planned out minute by minute" the stallion did t even here What hawke had said about staying with them. The lead mare realized how zoned out the stallion was and began talking to him as she lead him Directly under the shade of the tree. The mule looked at us for a second.
"My names zest and you would be more than welcome to stay but be warned if his daughter doesn't make it back he will be nuts for a little while and may rant on for days" zest turned to walk away.
"Wait what does his daughter look like" Song asked.
"I will tell you more tomorrow but for now it is time for me watch over the herd as many of them head of to sleep." zest walked to the higher point of the hill and looked out across the valley and the village.
"So I guess we are sleeping here with the herd" song squeled.
"Yeah I guess So" I led the way to a tiny Bush and we laid down beside it. The others fell asleep almost instantly, and the comfort of the herds light snored were lulling me to sleep but as I looked out eyes half closed I could have sworn one of the younger stallions in the herd had a couple of white spots on it's neck making it different from the others who were all solid colors only. The only difference in color on the other horses were socks face markings and their manes and tails were slightly darker or lighter than their body colors. I feel asleep thinking about the different horse who reminded me of myself.