Chapter 19

Hawke pov

The scorching heat seemed drawn to our fur as gent Arizona and half of the guard made our way to the village. Neptune bullet and the rest of the guard were making their way to the farm site on The edge of The valley. Song and eagle had been ordered to stay with zest and alka at the tree line where we had first seen the valley from. Arizona realized we had reached the edge first by almost stepping over the edge. We skirted around the cliff to one of the paths that had only a couple of guard's actually showed up for their shift. We reached the edge and stood in the shadows avoiding the heat and waiting for neptunes signal. Gent and Arizona were going over the escape plan for the thousandth time. We stood for what seemed to be forever waiting for The signal and one of the shires was growing impatient.  The giant Brown shire stomped his foot and pushed passed the clysdales attempting to go into the village without the signal. The two clysdales pushed him back but no sooner had they pushed him back the we herd the long high pitched neigh. We ran through the shadows as quietly as we could. Shashi and bullet would be leading some of the other group through the path on the north side and neptune and shader would be coming from the south end. We lingered in the shadows once we saw the lights of the village giving everyone else time to get ready.
We all grew impatient as the Sun got close to the ground and the stars began to take over the sky. I sqealed into the night and I herd a softer reply make it's way back on the wind. Finnaly the third sqeaul was added to the night we traveled through the village looking into every barn shed and yard. We even looked in some of the houses peering through closed Windows and putting our heads through the open ones. We had only one corner area of the village left about a mile long. There was an empty field full of mud and pigs we glanced over it we had seen so many out fields they had become boring and unintertaining. We passed by and I stopped there at the edge of the pig field lying in the mud and filth was my mom. I nickered softly but she didn't move. I called a little louder but still there wasn't even a twitch of the war. They others realized I had stopped and came back. When Arizona and Neptune realized that mom was in the pen they raced each other jumping the fence and nudging my mom. I caught up to them and mom still hadn't moved I nudged her head moving it up on the fence post and she opened her eyes.
"Hawke, dad, Arizona." Her voice slowly got louder. Every one said hello and arizona explained what was going on as we made our way back out the west side of the village. The closest path out was an unused dirt road that was almost hidden. We walked in silence and hi watched my mom like...well..a Hawke she was so skinny I thought she would fall over and never get up again. As I was watching her I felt a little naging sensation like something was about to go horribly wrong.

Hey guys thanks for reading I am sorry for the slow updates but I have slow internet and cantvreallynthink of were I want the story to go next so please just hang in there also coment your ideas and don't forget to vote bye.