Chapter 18

Hawkes p.o.v

All of us surged foward before I realized who it was. When I recognized the person I put on an extra burst of speed and relaxed into the run. I called out as I ran toward him and herd eagle and song call out an echo as they to realized who it was. Bullet looked surprised and slowed down Only a fraction of a second before continuing to run towards his younger sibilings.
"Tictacs" bullet said happily nudging each one and then looking at the rest of the herd.
"Bullet. Welcome back" gent said before turning to talk to Arizona and Neptune again.
"Hey Hawke, I cant say you will be happy to hear this but I know were your mom is, but..it..Well. She's in the kings corrals..and.." Bullet slowly stopped talking
"What that me and is she is heavily guarded and in great danger of being worked litterally to death" Arizona cut in a slight look of hate and woody hidden in his eyes.
"Why do you care" I asked without thinking the curiousity running strong.
"I care because she is my sister"
Arizona answered before Neptune told everyone to get back on track. We moved at a faster pace since everyone knew were We were headed and we didn't have to make sure we were going the right direction. We traveled for three days around a canyon across two very wide rivers and finnaly into a light forest. In the forest we trotted enjoying the shade. After about an hour of trotting we had to stop and walk because the forest had became very dense. We spent the remaining hours of daylight picking through the bushes and talk grass longing for the Sun to shine a little brighter so that we could see where we were stepping. All of a sudden the trees and sense undergrowth just stopped and there was a clearing that stretched to the base of a mountain on the far side. The mountain was far enough away that we could barely see the base let alone the very top of it. In almost the center of the clearing which was also the lowest point of the area the sides of the valley sloping dangerously toward it. It was easily protected since there were only three or four ways in that wouldn't guarantee death. The village was huge with many small tents and semi permanent buildings. There was a huge fire in the middle of the village. My eyes were drawn to the top of the fire where there were many spots of black just sitting above the flames.
"We can camp here" Neptune said
"No!..I mean shashi and shader are being kept on a farm site on the edge of the valley to the easy and we could easily rescue them and then"
"WAIT!! Slow down and speak up who is shashi and shader" gent interupted bullet who was carrying on trying to give us every detail he could. After getting the whole story from him we planned out the rescue and the escape route. Then we bedded down and took turns keeping watch. We slept peacfully waiting for the Sun to rise.