Chapter 5

I was tiptoeing around the burning embers of the dying fires my mom and the others asleep in the woods about a half mile back. I had watched the smoke die down from our campsite and had slowly made my way to the Indians campsite. When I had arrived there had been no sign of people except for the empty tents and low fires there was even a corral set up but the Indians and horses were gone. I heard a sound in the woods and ducked into the smallest tent. Looking through a crack in the tent I saw a little filly walk out she was a beautiful palomino color and then a colt who was red with a blonde mane and tail came out behind her. I stuck my head out of the tent and They jumped when They saw me. "Hi I'm Hawke" I said.They stared at me critically for a couple of minutes.
I'm Remember the windsong my mom just calls me song...and this is flight of eagles mom just calls him eagle though. The palomino filly stepped foward while the younger colt hid behind her.
"Oh I'm hawkes mountain of hope my mom just calls me Hawke though"
"Did the faces take your mom too" the palomino asked curiously
"Faces" it was my turn to look curious
"Yeah they look like the Indians but they wear extra face paint and have poppers and fancy horses that they steel from the royales"
"If they took his mom why didn't they take him why isn't he in his fancy stall" the colt stepped foward anger in his eyes
"What do you mean?"I backed up looking offended
"You obviously are a part of the royales with boulder and barley and Karla and sphinx...he shook his head after saying sphinx....I hate sphinx.. The colt eagle spat"
"I have no idea what you are talking about I don't know any of those horses I only know my mom, shader, shashi, and a horse called bullet"
"BULLET!!" I shied when they yelled in unison." he is our older brother the two looked proud. And know that I was actually looking the colt had the same build and the filly had the same gentle Brown eyes.
"Wow you do look like him" I said
"Well duh he is only two years older, but what about you how can you not be part of the royale family you look exactly like sphinx whom nobody likes" eagle said
" Well almost he is Brown not Brown and white and he had blue green eyes not Brown blue eyes" the palomino song looked confident that I wasn't a bad guy.
"Um you guys can come with me and my mom and herd they are following the faces who did actually take a couple of our herd so we could stick together. Hawke felt nervous asking them to come with him.
"Yeah that would be great" the palomino trotted toward Hawke "come on eagle lets get mom back and then go find dad" eagle hesitated before following his sister.
Everyone had just reached the tree line when they heard a distressed neigh dead ahead followed by the sounds of whooping and hollering two legs.