Chapter 14

Hawkes p.o.v

I was to exhausted to care that gent had some how made it to the top before the fourty four seconds with out breaking a sweat. We reached the bottom of the hill and miss who had switched with gent on who led everyone downhill about half way down the hill headed over to tell to gent who was standing by a tree. Wait a minute I shook my head gent was standing by the tree but who had been at the top of the hill as I looked at him I saw that he had an extremely fluffy mane like that of a mountain horse and his feet were a little thiner than gents were but the were both white with giant spots of Brown. Gent looked at me with a smile on his face.
"This is Vern he's kind of like my twin though we are not related." I looked at him exhausted and relieved that gent wasn't some monster prize horse who could just appear anywhere.
we headed back to the camp to find the Arabian herd playing there tag game and the color herd playing some weird circle game. When I asked gent about the game he said it wasn't a game they were playing the were doing some training in their listening skills. As We got closer to the circle I heard the super low pitched snorts of the horses on the outside and the horses on the inside called who had said what and from where. We passed by the group and headed over to zest. When zest saw us he nodded at eagle to take his place and pranced over to us slower than he had been going When he was chasing the younger horses. I rolled in the grass attempting to get off some of the sweat as gent told zest our progress for the day. I stood up and looked at gent with a slight glare.
"Go ahead" gent glanced at me before dismissing me. I ran down to the herds main pond and splashed in. Swimming through the middle where the water ran over my back and only the upper partvoc my neck and my head were still out. Once my body felt nice and clean I walked to a less deep part of the pond to attempt and wash my head with out getting water in my nose. As I scrunched up my nose to prepare and out head under the water I heard laughing. I turned to see galaxy and falcon laughing and song was smirking. Galaxy and falcon walked away but song motioned for me to follow her. I looked at the water before following her. She showed me a spot where a stream trickeled over a mini cliff over hang and I shoved my head under it letting the water run over my head and into my back. Most of the horses I knew hates baths but me I loved them the only part I didn't like was getting water up my nose. We headed back to the herd and curled up next to eagle by our little Bush.