Chapter 4

" whoo-o-o" We listened to the Indians yell as they raced past the bushes we were ducked down behind. We had left early this morning trying to avoid the Indians but shader had felt the rumble of the hooves of the Indians horses heading our way and we had barely ducked out of the way before they had raced past. The last one raced around the corner and we waited just in case.
Once we were sure there were no more Indians coming I jumped out from behind the bushes shaking the leaves out of my mane and tail. "That was a clo-ose one. Glad their gone." I whispered " if their gone why are you still whispering." shashi whispered back. "I don't know" I said jumping around playfully.
"Well what a lovely herd of horses." I froze mid paw when I heard the voice behind me. A human voice began talking and lynar was responding but I couldn't hear What they were saying my heart was beating loudly and I was steping over every twig and leaf headed toward My mom. When I got to her and peered around a tree that was behind her I saw a black and white paint with an Indian upon his back. The horse looked at me slightly truning his head. " you look scared" he sounded very confused. " you-you-you"I stuttered. "Your with that group and that group tried to kill his mom a couple of days ago" shader was pawing the ground and beginning to toss his head. "No you have it wrong we are trailing those Indians they steel the horses and force them to work, they are fake Indians uncaring for this world they came from a ship and raided my tribe" the paint looked angry that we had thought he was part of them. The Indian jumped off of the horse and sat down by lynar.
"Lets walk" shader said still tense as he turned toward the trees. " so.. Um...uh..what's your name" Shashi asked giving up. " oh my name is bullet of the skies, though they usually just call me bullet" bullet shook is mane proudly.
Oh well I am beauty of shashi, and that's March of shader" shashi said simply not adding anything to show she was proud of her name.
" What about his mom, I mean what's her name." bullet nodded toward me before pricking his ears foward intently waiting for someone to say her name.
" to be truthful we don't even know she never told is her full name only that She is called aquayla"
" She won't even tell you her name?" bullet looked offended.
" why does it matter we know What She is called" shader turned to look at bullet confusion on his face.
" where I'm from it's considered very offense to not tell someone your name it means you either don't trust that person or... you have something to hide" you could tell bullet was thinking deeply about What he had said.
They walked on in silence before headed back toward the camp I was trailing behind. "If it was offensive to not tell someone your name was it offensive to not ask, did he suspect me of something" I was confused by this guy when he said my mom might have something to hide he had been thinking really hard. I was busy thinking about What my mom could possibly be hiding as the humans mounted up on Shader and bullet and we started trailing the Indians. We were going to find our herd.