"Thanks," I said. 

     My dad's nurse fed my dad in the living room as my grandfather and grandmother entertained them  by telling stories about the winery and all that stuff.

     After a moment, my mom came. She held my arm and took me outside. 

     "Happy birthday! What do you want to do today?" She asked cheerfully. 

     "Thanks. Um, nothing." I said as I took a seat on one of the wooden chairs. I hugged my knees and stared at the green scenery that covers almost everything. "I still don't forget the thing about Daniela."

     She sat to the seat in front of me and held my hands. "Don't you want her? I mean, as your sister. She seems nice, doesn't she?"

     "It's not that. I like her, she's okay. The thing here is why did you have to wait 16 years before you tell it to me? Well actually, I just figured it out by myself. You weren't actually planning to tell me. Right? Right?" 

     "We didn't want to deal with his stepfather. We knew that he already loved Daniela. We knew he wouldn't let us have her in any other way." She explained.

     "You don't get me. All the things you're saying have no sense at all. It's not about if I like Daniela nor about George giving her back to us. It's about you, not telling me that my sister is alive."

     I let go of her hand and brushed away the tears on my cheeks.

     "You don't get it because you're not the one who mourned for years over her lost sister. You don't feel the way I do. Well, you never even cared about how I feel." 

     After everything I just said, sorry was the only answer she could give. As much as I want us to be okay, it's just not that easy to forgive her and my dad. Eventually, I will. But not now. Not at this very moment. 

     I went upstairs in to my room. 

     I sat on my table and pulled out this box where I keep important things. And there I saw my birth certificate. I didn't know that I was born at 11:52 PM and so I set an alarm on my phone so I could give myself a hug on my exact birthday. I dug deeper and found a photo of Stella and I when we were still toddlers. I also found a photo of Daniela and I when I first slept at their house. 

     Sigh

     Everything is just crazy. My life is crazy. I am crazy. All that I see are blurry curved lines. I don't know which direction to go to. I am officially lost. 

     It's 4 in the afternoon and I just spent my whole afternoon having to hear my family talk about vacations and luxury. What a way to celebrate. So far, I am not really convinced that this is going to be a good 16th birthday. But actually, I still have less than 8 hours before my official birthday so I guess I'll just wait for something magical to happen that will change my thoughts about this day. Whatever it is, I am excited.

     There were a lot of food prepared by my grandmother. A couple of my friends went by to have some talk. And the most awkward of all is having Daniela and George inside the house. Well, awkward for me and not for them. 

     I hate how I have to pretend that everything's okay but really, it's not. And I hate how my mother plays games with me. Like, why did she have to invite them? I am not being rude okay. I am just being...I don't know. She knows that my emotions are unstable at the moment about the thing between Daniela and I. Being at the same roof as her is like a punch on the face saying "Hola, I am here to make you miserable especially on your birthday and I'll pretend that this is nothing. You're welcome." 

     Annoying, isn't it?

**

     The day came on swiftly. It was a typical birthday, nothing really special. Until someone called. It was Greyson.

     "Why did you leave so early a while ago? I was stuck in the middle of nowhere because I had no one to talk to, you know." I ranted to Greyson.

     "Well, I had to do some things at home." He reasoned out. 

     "So why did you call? It's already late."

     "I have a surprise for you. I know it's already late but will you go outside with me? Just for a while." He asked. I was feeling kind of suspicious about this but I shook off the thought and sneaked outside of the house. 

     "Come on, hop on your bicycle. I have something to show you." He smirked.

     "I trust you on this okay?" I said as I rode my bike and drove off with him. "Where are we going, exactly?" I asked.

     "Just follow me."

     "Fine, fine." 

     We went to up to a not-so-steep cliff which had a nice view of the city just a couple of blocks from our house. 

     "What's this?" I asked while grinning. 

     "Come, sit here." He tapped the bed of grass that covers the grass and so I did. 

     He brought out his iPod and put one of its earpods in my ear. Then I placed my phone between us. He played a song and I believe that it's Missing Parts by Jeff Pianki. 

     It was such an astounding moment. Just listening to good music and watching the lights flicker in the city. After a moment, fireworks started to cover a part of the sky. It was beautiful. 

     It left Greyson and I hanging. The colors that burst filled our eyes with happiness.

    Then he looked at me.

     And leaned towards me.

     I closed my eyes and he kissed me.

     Then my  phone vibrated and it was the alarm. It's officially my birthday. I guess being 15 really sucks. But being 16 is now starting pretty awesome.

----------

i'm sorry for being on hiatus for a long time. i'm sorry for leaving y'all hanging for like 4 months or so. i understand if you hate me hahaha. but if you're here, still reading this, then thank you.

anyway, don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts about it :-) thank you so much for everything!!! xx ~ krissy

ps. sorry for the grammatical errors. i will be editing this and my first fan fiction soon to improve my use of words haha