Chapter 11- Did that just happen?

Start from the beginning

“Doesn’t surprise me she’s a great kid,” one of the other science teachers says agreeing.  

“Did anyone else notice the ring she has?” Mrs. Sims says smiling. 

“She has a ring? What’s it like?” Janey questions. 

“It’s an infinity and it’s all little diamonds and then two pink gems,” Mrs. Sims explains smiling. 

“I wonder if she has a boyfriend?” One of the other english teachers asks. 

“What do you know Janey?” Another teacher asks. 

“I don’t know anything. Do you Lukey?” Janey replies. 

“I don’t. She might be talking to that dork she met in Spain again.”

“He was a dork,” Janey say laughing.  Janey is clueless, thankfully.

“Who is a dork?” Ed says walking in.

“That kid Leigha dated in Spain.” 

“Does she talk to him anymore?”Ed asks confused. 

“I don’t know,” Janey says smiling as her phone rings. “Excuse me it’s my mom.”

Janey’s POV:

Me:”Hello mom.”

Mom:”Janey, I heard some juicy drama. Well juicy info. You aren’t with Ed are you?” 

Me:”I’m at lunch in the longue mom"

.Mom:”Ok well. Last night, Janelle heard a noise and they went to check it out. Leigha was laying on the floor laughing. Luke was just sitting there. Benny was in there with his gun pointed at Luke.” I laugh. 

Me:”Anything else?”

Mom:”Janelle overheard Benny say he heard the bed squeak.” I laugh interrupting my mom’s story. 

Me:”And?”

Mom:”And I guess he was just sitting on her, but Tasha and Sara saw them in a very romantic kiss this morning in Leigha’s room..”

Me:”So they are dating?”

Mom:”Yes. I think so.”

Me:” I have some dirt. I’ll tell you tonight.” 

Mom:”Ok. Get back to your lunch. Bye Janey. Tell Luke to call me when he gets a second.”

Me:”Kay bye mom.”

“Who was that babe?” Ed asks as I rejoin the table. 

“Just my mom. Luke, call her on your prep.” 

“Do I have too?” Luke says complaining. 

“Yes. Aunt Jan talked to her and it was quite funny..”

“Don’t say anymore. I’ll go call her now,” Luke says  frowning. The bell rang and I follow him down the hall. 

I watch Leigha walk into my class for her fifth hour. It is my prep so I just kinda hang out while Ed teaches. Leigha looks at her phone and almost laughs, but she bites her lip and pretends to concentrate.  Ed gives them time at the end of the hour to do whatever. Leigha sits texting. Suddenly, there is a knock on the door. 

“Hello, Mr. Richards can I borrow Leigha?”Luke asks smiling. 

“Yes you can,” Leigha gets up slowly collecting her stuff. I give Ed a look and he rolls his eyes.