Flying home

Jen's POV
Harper and I have been in Kentucky for just over a week now and today is our flight home which leaves at 2:00 in the morning, but at least we land early in L.A. I'm sad Harper didn't get to meet my brothers since they're busy with work but she'll meet them soon, I'm just giving our suitcases to the security guards who are loading up the car whilst I check we have everything, plus I want to leave it until the last minute to wake up Harper since she probably won't sleep on the flight.

After I'd finished everything I decided to go and wake up Harper so we could leave, I opened the bedroom door quietly and saw her asleep all cuddled into her stuffed animals, "Harper time to wake up" I said softly stroking her face "mommy" she replied before crying slightly "I know baby I'm sorry" I said picking her up and rocking her in my arms "let's get you dressed, and then you can go back to sleep" I said whilst sitting her on the bed whilst her eyes adjusted to the light. I tied her hair in a tight bun and did up her shoes just before she fell asleep on my bed.

I picked her up and carried her downstairs where my mom and dad were waiting to say goodbye "goodbye angel, we'll see you soon" my mom said as she kissed Harper's cheek "goodbye for now little one" my dad said whilst my mom and I hugged and said goodbye, "Miss Lawrence, we're ready when you are" the security guard said standing by the front door, I nodded and got into the SUV waiting out front for us. We started driving and Harper was still asleep in cradled in my arms "we've got security at the airport, they have said the airport is clear from paparazzi and fans so we should be able to get you into the V.I.P lounge quickly and easily" he said whilst keeping his eyes on the road "ok, thank you" I replied smiling before we continued with the journey.

****

"Miss Lawrence, you can walk straight to the lounge we'll deal with your luggage" the other guard said as he helped me out of the car "thank you, is it possible to have the stroller, she is quite heavy" I replied as I juggled a sleeping Harper in my arms "of corse, we'll deal with it right away" he said before dashing off and retuning with the stroller "thank you" I said as I placed Harper laying down in it, I quickly placed mine and Harper's bag under the stroller before walking off to find the lounge. "Miss Lawrence right this way" an airport staff member said seeing me walk around "thank you" I said as I walked through and into the lounge.

I sat on the couch in the lounge with Harper asleep in her stroller in front of me, there were a few business workers asleep in chairs but it looked like I was the only one there. I sipped a glass of complimentary champaign but It was too early to drink alcohol, I noticed Harper rolling around and tossing and turning so I rocked the stroller slightly with my hand, the last thing I wanted was a grumpy, tired and crying toddler for the four hour flight home.

After rocking and soothing didn't work she unfortunately woke up and automatically wanted to be picked up "mommy" she said holding her hands in the air "shh go back to sleep" I soothed placing her hands down and placing her blanket over her "no mommy up cuddles" she replied grumpily throwing her blanket away and trying to grab my hands "please for mommy" I begged placing my head in my hands from the lack of sleep "no mommy up mommy" she whined whilst attempting to get me to look at her and pick her up "Harper please sleep, mommy's tired and needs you too sleep and be quiet for her" I replied still with my head in my hands from the tiredness and the headache she is giving me "mommy" she continued whining "Harper please be a good girl for mommy and go back to sleep" I begged rocking the stroller with my hand in an attempt to clam her down "no" she replied hitting my hand away, I gave her a stern look before taking hold of her hands "Harper say sorry to mommy, you must not hit" I said sternly but she just sat there looking past me not saying a word "Harper say sorry" I said again getting her to look at me to show I wasn't playing around "mommy, let go" she whined trying to pull her hands away from me before she started crying "I give up" I said whilst letting go of her hands and sitting back on the couch whilst she cried.