After I get myself together I lift myself into the truck beaming and give her a side hug. “I am so happy for y’all. Are they healthy?”

Avlon nods her smile all the way to her forehead. “Doc said they are in perfect health she just want me to get checkups every few weeks to make sure they stay okay.”

“That’s awesome.”

“Hey.” Avlon whispers when we pull back onto the road. “Are ya doing okay?”

“Yah thanks.” I say quickly and she stays quiet letting me have my moment. After thirty minutes the car stops infrnt of my apartment building but I just stay seated.

“B.” Dallas says after a few minutes of no movement. I look up giving him a real smile for my nickname I have never had a nickname well besides for the b word and whore.

“Yu don’t have to be nervous.” Avlon says with a reassuring smile.

“What if he like yells at y’all?” I ask biting my lip because that is my biggest fear. Avlon is such a sweet lady I don’t want her being afraid.

Avlong brings me int a side hug and says “We’ll be fine, we understand his situation and God wont let us take offence to it.”

God may be on her side but the devil is on his. “But they could gang up on y’all.”

Avlon chuckles very amused and points to her husband. “Do you see my husband? He can take car of himself and me…. Well he’ll take care of me to.”

I giggle at that because I knew she wouldn’t be able to hit anyone or say anything mean to defend herself shes way to nice. “Alright.” I sigh “But I warned you.”

An amused Dallas asks “Can we go now?”

“I open the door but pause and look back at them seriously. “Since I havn’t been here a few days its probably a pig sty.”

“Braylee.” Dallas complains motioning me out.

“Iknow I know.” I state getting out of the truck carefully. Taking deep breaths we go into the building and I knock lightly waiting for someone to answer.

“What?” My mother demands when the door flys open. She gives me her usual look of disgust no doubt mad that I havn’t been here  a few days.

I gesture to Avlon and Dallas and my moms eyes follow. “Hey mom this is Dallas and Avlon Carter.”

“Hi.” She says with the fake-st smile on her face.

Dallas smiles kindly at her and I look to see Avlon pressed tightly to his side making me concerned. “Hello.”

“What can I do for y’all?” she asks shooting me a glance.

“We would like to speak with you and your husband if that is possible.” Dallas says taking charge.

My mother opens the door wider and says “Excuse the mess it’s Braylee’s chore to clean but she hasn’t been here a few days.” Just as I expected the house is trashed because they couldn’t get off of their lazy buts and clean up a little or throw something in the trash after they were finished.

My kicks my father chair when we enter the living room and he jolts up with his usual icy stair “What woman?”

Mom motions to the couch and says “Y’all can have a seat.” We all sit and im practically on Avlons lap as she is Dallas’s.

“They want ot talk to us.” Mom says and dad nods.

Dallas gives me an encouraging look and says “Braylee.”

This is what I didn’t want to come. I was hoping that Dallas would just do all of the talking but I realize they are my parents and I have to be the one to break the news. If Dallas and Avlon were not her I don’t know if I could ever do it myself. “Umm….. I’m pregnant.” I blurt a little relieved when its finally out.

My mother and father don’t look surprised at all and what comes out fo my fathers mouth doesn’t surprise me either. He says it all of the time but it still makes me flinch every time I hear it. “It was bound to happen you’re a whore girl. Where are you going?”

With a quick sniffle I wipe my eyes not wanting to be called weak along with other names. Avlon wraps me in her arms and that only wants to make me cry more because this is how a mother should be to her daughter.

“That is why my wife and I are here.” Dallas state getting down to business. “We would like for Braylee to come and live with us. We will take good care of your daughter and her baby when she or he decides to grace us with their presence.”

Mom raises a brow of disbelief and says “Live with you? At the same time my father says “Take her.” I knew he never wanted me but I never knew the reason why. He always says hes going to throw me out but mom always stops him because im her money source and she needs her crack.

Dallas hangs onto my fathers words with hope and says “We’d have to get custody of her so we could switch her schools of course.”

“We get money off of her we cant sign her over to you.” My mother says with a scoff making me nod inside because I knew it was bound to come.

“I don’t want her nor the baster child growing inside of her. Just get out of my house.” My father yells breaking my heart. Call me all of the names you want but don’t talk about my baby like that.

Avlon helps me to stand in my bawling state and holds me tightly as we walk to the door. Dallas says a few more words but I don’t pay attention as we leave and climb into the car. I just sit there not knowing what to do. “I didn’t know it would hurt this much.”

“You’ll be fine baby they’ll understand what a loving person you are.God is making this happen for a reason Braylee and I must ay I’m happy. Now I get to call you my daughter.” Avlon says and my breath hitches in my lungs making me look up at her. This woman is just so amazing I am glad that she was at the doctors office that day or I would not have had to the chance to actually be someones daughter. Avlon smiles down at her stomach and then gives me a loving smile saying “I’ve always wanted baby’s.Now im going to have three and a grand baby.”

A strangled laugh comes out of my throat because she got a bigger deal than she was bargaining for. Avlon kisses my forehead and the rest of the ride is just silent. Me leaned up against Avlon with her arms wrapped around me.