Chapter One

This is a Captain Rex x Reader fanfiction based on the Clone Wars animated series. I have been a fan of this series since it came out, and I absolutely love it and the characters. Ugh, I love the clones so much. As with most x Reader stories, (N)= name (F/N)= full name (L/N)= last name (E/C)= eye color. Enjoy~

Also, this story is dedicated to Girl_of_Fire for being so kind and supportive! Would have given up on writing this fanfic long ago if it wasn't for you! :D

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or The Clone Wars. All rights owned by their respective owners.

Chapter One

Geonosis was absolutely horrible. Only four weeks had past since the carnage, but the memories of battle and the damage inflicted still lingered on. The planet of Geonosis was a dusty, blood red war zone. With its sweltering heat and long hours of sun, you had thought the enemy droids would have melted into piles of molten goo. It seemed like such a strange place for a droid factory. And then there were the natives... Yuck.

You volunteered for the mission to save your closest friends, Anakin and Padme. Of course, you knew about them, their secret relationship. It wasn't so "Secret" from how often Anakin talked about her to you. He trusted you with more than just his life, and you worked hard to keep both of their trust. That was the whole reason why you went to that bug-ridden, alien planet.

And, currently, you were seriously regretting your decision as an aspiring Jedi healer carefully tended to the worst of your wounds for the thousandth time. The battle was a slaughter for both sides, but mainly for the Jedi. That was until Yoda brought an army of clone troopers and saved the day. The healer pressed a bacta patch a bit roughly on a blaster wound you earned on Geonosis, which brought you back to the present. You hissed through your teeth at her.

"My most sincere apologies... I am not used to all of these emotions. They seem to be getting to me," the healer said as if her words actually mattered. If anyone was being overwhelmed by forbidden emotions it was you, because, besides the guilt, fear, anger, and sadness, you also felt something else. You were attracted to a clone.

"Just be careful," you whispered harshly. "I'm being assigned a clone battalion today. I'd rather be better by the time I meet my men."

Reclining back, you stared at the beautiful, cream and gold ceiling. You were safe inside the Jedi Temple's Hall of Healing, but you had to frequently visit the place because of your wounds. When you woke up here a few days after the Battle of Geonosis, there was so much relief and guilt all around. Jedi were happy to be alive but saddened that others were not so lucky.

You honestly thought you were going to die during the fight. There were so many droids, fear of your own death mixed with the grief you felt over your lost companions. You should have died, but a clone saved your life.

CT-7567 fought by your side as you *recklessly* slashed through enemies without a care. After witnessing so much death, you went numb and hit a primal state. You were shot, not once, but three times. Yet, you continued to fight until your body finally gave up. As you were bleeding out in the crimson dust, a clone with two pistols blasted away the droids that came to finish you off. He was there by your side until the fight was finished. He carried your limp body back to the rest of the ships that took you off that burning hell hole. CT-7567 held you the whole way back. Or, as far as you remembered before passing out. The thought brought a blush to your cheeks.

When you regained consciousness, you asked for him. CT-7567 had been recalled to Kamino for special training. The ARC program, or something, whatever it was called. You were disappointed in a way you should not have been. Your heart sunk and you were greatly bothered by it. However, today, you would get the chance to see him again. Apparently he was based on Coruscant and had a special ceremony. Everyone was allowed to attend, and Anakin was going. That's how you learned of it, because the clone was assigned to Anakin's legion.