Chapter 42

Chapter 42

I guess Louis took me upstairs to my bed after I fell asleep on his chest, because when I woke, it was 9a.m. Memories of how Louis came to my door at 2:30 in the morning clouded my mind. He told me that everyone makes mistakes. Harry knew that not telling me that Brittany kissed him was wrong, and he apologized a lot. He never stopped calling me, but I couldn’t bring myself to answer it. I knew all this waiting around was driving him insane; it was driving me insane as well.

I took a shower, got dressed, and as soon as I was stuffing my phone in my pocket and walking downstairs, there was a knock on the door. When I opened it, Niall was there. “Hey!”

“Hi Niall. How’s it going?” I stepped out and locked the door behind me.

“Great. I would have brought Sam along, but she’s out running some errands for today.”

“Oh, that’s okay. We need some time to catch up, anyways. What brings you here?” We started walking along the sidewalk. I loved how there was always a little hint of pink in Niall’s cheeks. It gave him a little kid look.

“No reason. I needed someone to talk to, and the lads are driving me insane. Zayn’s been locked in his room and Harry’s—”

I froze. Niall stopped talking and blushed. I cleared my throat. “Zayn’s been in his room? Why?”

“Word gets around….” He knew. He knew what happened with Harry and that Zayn and I kissed. I groaned.

“Did Louis tell you?” I took his silence as a yes. “What’s wrong with me?” I asked as we rounded a corner.

“Nothing. I just think you’re in love with Harry. And Zayn was there and….”

I took a deep breath through my nose and tried to calm down. “I miss him. I can’t believe we’re over.”

“But you’re not. You both want to get back to each other, so what’s stopping you? Harry made a mistake, but you love him so much, I know you’ll move past it. The bond between you two is too strong.”

My eyes widened. “What’s with everyone being so…down to earth lately? Last night Louis came over and he gave me some great advice. Even though he read it online, it’s still advice. Now you!”

He shrugged. “I guess we’re just that brilliant.”

We kept walking until we walked inside a small café, where we sat down and talked some more. It was small talk. He told me about what life was like on the X-Factor, all those years ago. I had never heard this story from his point of view, and I noticed that all the boys told the story differently. The way he told the story made me know just how much he loved it.

“When we got third place, yeah, we were upset. But at the same time we knew great things were coming our way. Simon helped us a lot with that.” He said. I nodded, and just as I was about to speak, Niall’s phone rang. He grinned and answered it. “Hey, Ed!”

My jaw dropped. Ed? As in Ed Sheeran? The Ed Sheeran? Niall saw my expression and laughed. Ed was my favorite singer. Like…ever.

“You want to talk to him?” Niall asked me. I nodded, at a loss for words. “Hey Ed, I have Harry’s girlfriend Amabel with me, and she really wants to talk to you.” He paused as Ed spoke, then handed me the phone. I took it with a shaking hand.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Amabel, it’s Ed.”

I nearly fainted. I leaned back in my chair and tried not to scream. “Hi, I’m a big fan. You’re absolutely amazing. For real, I have your album on my iPhone on loop.”