Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I met Harry Styles two weeks ago, and the last thing I was doing was missing him.

He annoyed me, and his general presence made me uncomfortable in my own skin. I hated that, more than anything. I didn't fully understand why he was so persistent on talking to me, but I wished he hadn't confronted me at all.

When he touched me before I had walked away, I had felt goose bumps, but not the good kind, not the kind that made my stomach form butterflies.

I got a vibe from Harry. Something told me he was a lady killer, only having one night stands with girls that he met at random bars on Saturday nights. I knew it wasn't right to judge him so quickly, but being a celebrity, you wouldn't have enough time for a serious relationship.

Which lead me to the thought that maybe Harry hadn't had a serious commitment to a girl before? I furrowed my eyebrows at the thought, though it didn't surprise me, not at all. There was something about the way he was so flirtatious, wether he was on camera or off. I didn't know what he was trying to accomplish, leading those girls on like there was no tomorrow.

Now, I was walking down Main Street, enjoying the 35 degree weather. The wind was blowing at a nice five miles per hour.

My phone buzzed; I got a text from my best friend Sam.

From Sam: How's it going? We haven't seen much of each other

I smiled. I missed her. The clock on my iPhone read two o'clock, so I stood and left.

I walked out of the Panera Bread. I was spending a lot of time there, reading, doing homework, things that needed a quiet space. I liked it better than my own home, so I always came here. I wasn't paying attention to the sidewalk in front of me, and I crashed into someone, causing us both to fall to the ground.

"Sorry," I muttered, picking myself up and not looking at the person.

"It's totally my fault, I apologize," A soft voice spoke, and I saw the person stand from the corner of my eye.

I looked up, and saw a boy with warm chocolate eyes smiling at me. He had very full lips, a shaved head and tattoos on his arms. He looked familiar, but nothing came to mind. I couldn't ignore the fact that he was so adorable. His eyes swept my body slowly, and he stared at me a little longer than I would have liked.

Brushing it off, I smiled shyly and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, covering my shoulder. I felt his eyes on me as I awkwardly looked at the ground, unsure of what to do.

I was about to walk away when he said, "Hi, I'm Liam," and extended his hand to me.

"Hi Liam," I smiled while frowning slightly. "I'm Amabel." I swore I knew him.

He chuckled and put his hands in the pockets of his black jeans. "It's nice to meet you." Liam said.

"You too," I replied softly, staring at him, trying to put my finger on where I knew him from, but I couldn't. "I'm sorry," I blurted out, "do I know you from somewhere, Liam?"

He chuckled again. "I'm in a band - One Direction? Sound familiar?"

The smile faded from my lips, and I closed my eyes. Of course, I was so blind.

"So you know Harry Styles, then." I concluded, looking at him again.

He nodded. "I was just on my way to his house. Do you know him?" he looked at me curiously.

"Yup," I popped the p. "We had a little car accident the other day." I explained, infuriated by the mere thought of the curly haired boy.

Liam's eyes went wide. "Oh my god, Harry told me. Are you alright?"

I smiled, grateful that he cared so much. "Yes, thank you."

Liam and I started walking down the street. "He felt awful, you know."

"I'm sure he did." I said sarcastically. He wouldn't feel bad.

We walked up and down the streets for a good 45 minutes, talking about everything and anything. He was very easy to talk to.

Liam looked over at me, a look of hope sparkling in his brown eyes. "Come to Harry's with me!"

I stared at him wide-eyed. "No. I don't want to see Harry." I said firmly. There was no way I was going.

"Oh come on!" He swung an arm over my shoulders, but it didn't bother me. I was honestly comfortable with Liam, and he just had that likable quality about him. I knew he was trustworthy. Normally I would never get this comfortable with someone so quickly, but I liked him.

I crossed my arms and stopped walking. "No, Liam."

He looked at me with those puppy-dog eyes, and I couldn't turn him down, not with that face.

"Fine," I grumbled.

"Yay!" he shouted, "I'll tell the rest of the boys to come as well." He seemed so excited; I couldn't tell him that I was not looking forward to it.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:

I would really appreciate for everyone to share this story and vote!

Thank you so much!

xx, Alli