Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I felt hollow as I walked to my car alone. I mentally slapped myself for agreeing to go out with Harry. I had hated him not even 24 hours ago, now he was taking me out.    

Don't get me wrong, Harry was still a pain in the ass, but the vibe I got from him was...different. The energy he possessed told me that he was dangerous, but at the same time he wouldn't hurt me.

I would have said no to his offer, but his eyes and chocolate curls weren't something you could easily say no to.

I slipped off my boots as I walked in my front door, and ran upstairs, taking the steps two at a time. I was in the mood for a lazy day, so I pulled on some yoga pants and a loose sweatshirt, along with Hello Kitty socks. Don't judge me. I put my hair into a messy bun and plopped down on my bed with my laptop in my lap. Mindlessly checking my email, I decided to check Twitter.

My eyes bulged when I saw a picture of Harry and I at Starbucks, not even an hour ago. I had my back to the camera, so luckily my face went unseen.

@1D_Watch: @Harry_Styles and mystery girl? Prepare yourselves Directioners, Harry Styles could be taken!

I quickly clicked on what was trending. Number one was #harrysmysterygirl. I slapped a hand to my forehead, not believing what I was seeing. I closed Twitter and opened Pandora Radio instead.

I pushed all the Harry drama shit out of my head and sang into my hairbrush with Carrie Underwood's 'Good Girl', stopping when my phone vibrated. It was a text from Harry.

From: Harry 

To: Amabel 

Saw the trend on Twitter. Like it. ;)

I smiled and texted him back.

From: Amabel 

To: Harry 

You're so cheesy :)         

Two minutes later he replied and my stomach formed butterflies.

From: Harry 

To: Amabel 

Does that mean I can put my cheese on your cracker later? ;) xx       

I could feel a blush creep up on my cheeks. The affect Harry had on me was unbelievable.

From: Amabel 

To: Harry 

That joke was terrible. Keep dreaming bad boy :)     

We texted throughout the night, never hitting important topics or subjects. Casual conversation that was easy. I liked it.

By 12:30am, I could hardly keep my eyes open. I texted Harry saying goodnight. My heart fluttered at the last text I received from him that night.

From: Harry  

To: Amabel 

Goodnight beautiful xx        

I stared at it, unable to tear my eyes away from my phone.        

My eyelids forced themselves closed, the picture of Harry's texted etched in my mind.

******      

It was Thursday, so I had about a day and a half before Harry and I had our date.     

At that moment, I was reminded of something I had to do. Tell my parents.        

I groaned at the thought.

I circumvented the ice when I strode in the front door from the grocery store that afternoon. My mother greeted me with a smile on her face.    

"Thank goodness you're home! I have something to discuss with you." she practically screamed.     

"Me too," I laughed and hung up my coat on the rack by the door.      

In the kitchen, I pulled up a seat at the bar while my mother prepared some tea.     

"So, mom, you know that boy I talked to the other day?" I started.

She smiled and nodded. "The one with the curly hair?"  

I nodded. "Well, he asked me out, and I said yes. He is taking me out tomorrow night, if that's alright." 

My mother then unexpectedly started to jump up and down, clapping her hands and smiling. "Yay! My Amabel has a boyfriend! A famous one too!"

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, relax. He isn't my boyfriend." I protested, raising my eyebrows at her.

She tried to contain her smile, but did a terrible job. "Now for my news." She paused to take a sip of her tea. "Tomorrow night, your father and I are going out on a romantic dinner. I was telling you so you would know you would be home alone, but since you have a date, it doesn't matter."

I gave her thumbs up and hopped out of my chair, eager to get upstairs. I spent the rest of the day reading, sleeping, or watching Impractical Jokers. It was 2:00pm, and I was in desperate need of a shower. I wrapped myself in the pink bathrobe hanging on my closet door and enter the bathroom, closing the door. Dropping the robe, I started the warm water, and Harry's face wouldn't leave my mind. 

I know he isn't my boyfriend, but I smiled at the thought. But the good thoughts left just as fast as they came. I stared at my naked body in the mirror, tracing the scar on my neck with the tip of my index finger. A shudder rippled through my body, leaving goose bumps and I gathered my hair over my shoulder, blocking out the horrific memories. He would not control me again. 

The shower felt amazing against my tense muscles, but I couldn't relax, couldn't block out the memories that made my knees go weak. My heart was pounding so loud, I could hear it over the steady stream of the water. My chest was rising and falling in the fear that he would find me. Hands shaking, I place myself in the tub and put my head between my knees, the water raining over me. Just picturing his evil smirk made me feel weak and helpless, exposed and alone.

I promised myself I wouldn't think of him, not again. I tried to mention and think about it as little as possible, but some things you just can't run away from. 

Shaking, I turned the water off and changed to sweats. With my hair still dripping wet, I climbed under the covers, commanding my brain to get the rat bastard out of my head. 

The bastard that ruined me.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

:O what do you think happened? comment and vote! xx

Alli