Chapter 8

Chapter 8

All throughout the movie, Harry stole glances at me that I couldn’t ignore. I constantly chewed on my lip, fighting a smile that played on my lips. I could tell Harry noticed by the way he smirked and sighed. He knew he made me so damn nervous.

The more time I spent with him, the more attached I became to him. I didn’t think I could do that, given the fact that I wanted to puke when Liam had mentioned his name when we had first met.

I was unable to focus on the movie; I was so aware of Harry sitting next to me. I wondered if he was used to this reaction from girls. He was a mega pop star and had so many girls (and boys) drooling over him. This had to be normal, girls getting twitchy around him. Even I was. That was new.

******

“Bye guys!” I said cheerfully. I gave them a hug before I left.

“Bye!” The boys chorused and waved.

“Thanks for inviting me here, Liam.” I said to the brunette boy, who smiled at me. 

“It was no problem, Amabel, it was great to meet you.” He pulled me into another hug.

“You, too,” I smiled, and then turned my attention to Harry, and my stomach did a flip-flop when I saw him standing there. “Thanks, Harry.”I muttered and looked at my feet.

“Thanks for coming, babe,” He smirked.

My eyes widened when he called me that. I felt my cheeks flush. Why did I feel this way? I was never treated this way, with such force. I dismissed the warm feeling spreading throughout my chest. I wasn’t expecting it when Harry pulled me into another hug. His arms wrapped tightly around my waist and I could hear him breathing in deeply. He was so persistent, and it surprised me, but I loved it nonetheless.

I knew I couldn’t fool myself forever. Harry sent a rush through my body, something that was almost native to me after all the years of shutting people out. I wasn’t used to people touching me freely like Harry did, but I felt comforted, in a way, when he did.

  “Bye,” I said shyly, and waved to the other four boys before closing the door behind me.

 I sat in my car for a while, thinking.

What where my feelings for the curly-haired boy?

He made me insecure, which was certain. An electric shock rippled through my body when he touched me, and I liked it. I wasn’t supposed to, I told myself not to feel the things I was, but it was no use. No one had made me feel like this before, and I wanted to know where it would lead with Harry.

But where did I want it to go? I had no idea whatsoever. It was too soon to tell much. I really hoped I figured it out soon; all this thinking was making my brain ache. There wasn’t much more I could handle at this point.

No one made me think this much. I was never so interested in someone like Harry before. Normally, I would stay away from his type, but he was different, I knew.

****