Chapter 22

Chapter 22 

My heart stopped and I could feel the blood drain from my face. The memories from the night two years ago came rushing back, and it was too much to handle. No one had ever asked me that before; they knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. 

"Babe?" Harry asked, a worried look crossing his features.  

I could barely hear the voices around me. I was paralyzed with fear and tears fell down my cheeks.  

"I-I can't." I choked out and dashed out of the room, every pair of eyes on me.  

I slammed the bathroom door and I sobbed. Loud. I slid down the wall the floor, covering my mouth with my hand to silence myself. A minute passed before I heard a light knock on the door.  

"Amabel?" A deep voice murmured. I couldn't find my voice so I curled into a ball, wanting to disappear.  

The door opened and the first thing I saw was a mess of chocolate curls, followed by piercing green eyes. A weak smile formed on Harry's full lips. Without saying a word, he placed himself next to me on the floor. He put his arm around my shoulder, and I gratefully accepted the gesture, burying my face in the crook of his neck. I breathed in heavily, loving the smell of his natural scent.  

"He feels awful, you know." Harry said quietly after a few minutes, and I knew he was talking about Zayn.  

I nodded. "I want everyone to know. I'm tired of hiding it." I said while looking into his eyes, my voice suddenly working.  

"Are you sure? You don't have to." 

I nodded again. "Yes." I stood and offered my hand to the curly-haired boy on the floor.  

"I'm here for you. We all are." Harry flashed me a reassuring smile. 

"Yeah, I know." I kissed his cheek, and lead us back to the others. 

Harry squeezed my hand as we stood in the hallway of the kitchen. Zayn stood first, rushing over to me and giving me a hug. 

"Oh my god, I am so sorry, Amabel! You don't have to talk about it." He spoke in a rush. 

I gave him a weak smile. "No. You deserve to know. All of you." I gestured to everyone else, who were still at the table with worried expressions on their faces. 

"Are you sure?" Liam inquired. 

I let out a shaky breath and nodded. I didn't really want to talk about that night, but it had been eating me alive. I hadn't spoken about it for two years. At first, my parents got me a therapist, but I refused to talk to that stranger. I spent six months after it happened waking in the middle of the night screaming, unable to erase the memory from my mind. I shuddered. I had been semi-sane for a year and a half, but it had seemed that all the time in the world couldn't heal me. 

I preceded everyone to the couch and took a seat next to the fireplace, Harry never leaving my side. I shot him a grateful glance. 

Liam, El, Louis, Niall and Zayn perched on the massive couch, giving me their full attention. 

"Well..." I started, dreading the minutes to come. My mind went fuzzy and my vision blurred slighly. I blinked furiously, palms sweating. 

Just then, the front door opened, revealing a mess of brown hair. 

Liam jumped up. "Dani!" I looked over, and saw Liam wrap his arms around who I assumed was Danielle. Who else would it be? 

"I hope I'm not interrupting." She said politely. "The room seemed tense." 

I shook my head and Danielle turned back to Liam. "Can I talk to you?" Her voice sounded urgent. 

Liam nodded and lead the beautiful girl upstairs. "I-I wanna wait for Liam." I stuttered, secretly grateful for the temporary distraction. 

"We will always be here for you, Amabel." Zayn promised.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Hola! (: Next chapter you find out what happened to Amabel...*dramatic music* And just for the record, I am in love with Amabel and Harry as a couple! If you didn't see in my cast list who plays Amabel, it's Brit Robertson, so Google her. She's amazing. (: 

THIS IS IMPORTANT! I will be writing a fanfic for each of the members of One Direction *fangirls* and I don't know who to write about next, so comment suggestions! I seriously have no clue on what to write next and I will consider anything you guys throw out there! ;D 

Next chapter Sunday, blah blah blah you know the drill. Thanks!

xoxo, Alli