Chapter 23

Chapter 23 

I stood up and sat bewteen him and Niall. "Thanks, Zayn." I kissed his cheek and he turned red. 

From the corner of my eye I saw Niall with an expression of fake hurt on his cute face. 

"Do I not get one?" He playfully pleaded, staring into my eyes and putting a hand over his heart. 

"Sorry, Nialler!" I replied and pressed my lips to his cheek, and he blushed as well. "What about you, Lou?" I smirked. 

"I'll pass, but you can fetch me a carrot instead, peasant!" He winked and grabbed Eleanor's hand. 

"Why of course, Louis." I played along. 

I strolled into the kitchen and opened the fridge to see an assortment of carrots. Diced, sliced, mashed, puréed. I chose the bite-sized ones and strode over to the sink to wash them. 

A gasp escaped my lips as a pair of large hands gripped my waist. I smiled as Harry kissed at my neck. I swiveled in his arms, forcing us to be face to face. 

"Hello Harold." I giggled. 

He gave me a smoldering look and placed his hands on my back, forcing me to press be pressed to his body. 

"I love it when you call me that." He murmured, planting kisses on my jaw line. 

My eyes fluttered closed, preserving his touch. My right hand placed itself on the back of his neck, pulling his face to mine. Our nosed brushed together, and my heart rate raced. His lips grazed mine, and then he kissed me deeply, sending goose bumps over every inch of my skin. It was amazing how well our lips molded and formed together. I could feel his hot breath on my mouth and he pried my lips open. I intertwined my fingers in his hair as I pulled away and kept our foreheads touching. 

I had completely forgotten what was about to go down 5 minutes ago, and I realized Liam and Danielle had been talking for 15 minutes. Harry could change my mood in seconds. 

"I can't erase the bad memories, but I sure as hell can build better ones." Harry whispered.

****** 

"Are you sure you're ready?" Liam asked. 

He and Danielle had come down a little later, hand in hand. They had worked things out, and I was so happy when Danielle pulled me into a hug. 

"Call me Dani." She smiled. 

I was back in my position by the fireplace again, only thirty minutes later. Harry was holding my right hand. And Eleanor held my left. 

I nodded. "It was when I was 16..." I began.

*FLASHBACK*

"I-I think I'll s-stay in the c-car." I sputtered to my boyfriend, Owen. 

"No. Get over here. Now."  He told me sternly. We were at a club really late, and I wasn't in the mood for partying. Whenever we went out someplace like this, Owen got more controlling than he already was. 

I pushed my hair out of my face and walked up to him. He held a tight grip on my wrist, so tight there would be purple bruises in the morning when I woke up. 

At the bar, Owen downed four shots and then moved to the dance floor, where he and a black-haired girl began grinding and dancing. Tear welled up in my eyes. Whether he treated me right or not, he was my boyrfriend and I cared about him. I took a shot and then headed for the exit, planning on walking home on the shoulder of the road.

"Where do you think you're going?" a voice growled in my ear. I jumped when a pair of rough hands held my hands together behind my back as he pushed me in the direction of the car. "I'm driving. Get in the back and shut the hell up. My head hurts and I don't need your annoying nagging in my mind." 

"Owen! Please, let me drive!" I pleaded, desperate to make him see clearly. 

"No!" He hissed, eyes narrowing as he towered over me. My boyfriend's breath smelled of liquor and tobacco. "I am perfectly fine to drive." Owen spat. 

I flinched and stumbled backwards. He laughed as I fell to the ground. 

"Get up, bitch! We are gonna to to my house; where a little fun is gonna take place. Where you are gonna be treated like you deserve!" Owen screamed, face becoming red. 

I looked up at the boy I loved from the pavement. "No, I think you should drop my off. You need to get sobered up, Owen." I whispered and rose from the ground. 

"Don't talk back to me,slut!" He screeched. 

I let out a cry as his had made contact with my cheek. I held my face as tears streamed down. Owen took a step closer and I flinched away, preparing for the next blow. 

Instead, his hand bounded a secure grip on my left wrist. I tried to pull away, but his grip only tightened. 

"You're hurting me, Owen." I whimpered. His head whipped over to me, eyes smoldering with anger. 

"Don't piss me off even further, you worthless bitch! You're lucky to have me." He rumbled, chest rising and falling rapidly. 

I managed a weak nod as Owen shoved me into the passenger seat of his car. He wobbled over to the driver's side and stuck the keys in the ignition. 

"I think we should walk home." My voice shook. "You shouldn't be driving." I grabbed the door handle, thinking of making a run for it, but Owen locked the doors. 

"You're not going anywhere." He purred his face hard, forehead permanently creased. 

With that, and no further argument, the car pulled out of the bar parking lot and onto the main road. 

It was late, a little past midnight. I was 16, and Owen was 18. The bar had been packed, and the lot he had just left been. People still were partying. 

I had one hand on the dashboard and one hand gripping the seat belt, willing it to hug my body tighter. I stole a glimpse at Owen, who didn't seem focused in the road. It was like he was falling asleep. 

"Owen?" I asked nervously. I didn't get a response. "Owen!" I yelled this time, but it was too late. 

He was out cold. At fifty miles per hour, Owen's car went spinning into the opposite lane.

*END OF FLASHBACK* 

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

And SHIT. GETS. REAL!

Is it what you expected? It was not my favorite part to write in the story but it was nescessary. I feel bad for Amabel and what happened to her. 

Wow! Close to 600 reads! Thanks so much. Be ready for chapter 24 on Wednesday! (My last day of school! HOLLA! *waves hands in the air like I just don't care*)

xoxo,

Alli