Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Confusion was written all over Harry's features. I laughed and waved him off, not buying his story.      

Harry began to protest, but I tuned him out by switching on the radio. I really didn't want to listen to his bullshit.

"Now, here is One Direction, with 'One Thing." I heard from the stereo. Who is One Direction? I remembered hearing another song of theirs before the accident earlier.     

Again, I enjoyed the song slightly and turned it up. I saw Harry run around the front of the car and watch wide-eyed and he flung himself into the passenger seat       

"Uh, what do you think you're doing in here?" I said, taken aback that he invited himself in.       

No words were said throughout the song. I saw Harry's pink lips move as he sang along with the lyrics. The song ended soon, and I stared at Harry with raised eyebrows and pursed lips.        

"What are you doing in my car, exactly?" I demanded. He beamed.       

"Showing you something."      

With that, Harry sang to me. The One Direction song we just heard. It was extremely awkward and I didn't know what to do. No one had ever sung to be before. It wasn’t like the movies at all, where the girl stares into the boy’s eyes as they fall in love.    

My jaw dropped when Harry sounded just like the voice on the radio. It had to be him. The puzzle pieces in my head clicked, and I understood.      

"So you're in a band?" I clarified, gesturing to the radio. He smiled.  

"Yeah, and we're quite popular." Harry shrugged. I rolled my eyes at this.   

"Then how come I've never heard of you?" I challenged, crossing my arms and staring at him.

"Because something is wrong with you and you're probably an anit-social prude that does nothing but do homework and listen to her parents." He said seriously and his eyebrows came together, green eyes never leaving my blue ones.

I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips again. Harry then started hysterically laughing, throwing his head back. I noticed that when he laughed, he slightly squinted his eyes; they seemed to sparkle almost. I liked that.

"Kidding!" He managed to get out before going off again.

"Not funny!" I said, smacking his bicep, which was surprisingly large.

"You're a real jerk you know that right?"

Harry smiled. "I get that a lot. But I always get them to like me." He pointed at me with raised eyebrows and a smirk on his pink lips.

"I'm sure you do." I sarcastically said and gathered my blond hair under my black beanie hat. I could feel Harry watching me. I didn't like it. It was silent for a few minutes, and I wanted him to leave.

"Okay, it's killing me!" Harry gushed, breaking the growing silence.

"What?" I said, hiding the smile forming on my lips.

"You're name." He stared into my eyes, almost like he was searching for something more than just my name. It was like he was searching for my soul.

"Amabel." I said simply, staring at my boots.

"Amabel." He repeated, looking out the window. My eyebrows came together and I gave the curly-haired boy a disapproving look.

"It's French," I continued after a while, staring out my window. "It means lovable. You can Google it, if you don't believe me." I heard Harry laugh, but I didn't look at him. I was always explaining my name to people. It was quite annoying.      

"Is something funny?" I snapped, sounding a little too harsh. I was insecure about myself. I didn't like the idea of people staring at me, at the flaws I knew I had. It made me feel exposed and helpless. Like that night-

No. I wouldn't revisit that night. I wouldn't do that to myself again.

"No. You're just different from any girl I have ever met." Harry confessed, shaking his head in disbelief while a smile played at the corners of his mouth. He did that a lot. Smile. It was almost cute, with his dimples and cheeky expression.

:-:-:-:-:-:-

Hello! This story had just over 30 reads, and I want to get as many as possible, so share this with your friends! I'm new at this, so please excuse the CRAZY short chapters. :( 

If you ARE reading this, plan on an update Sunday. I will try to get you guys a new chapter every Sunday, and if possible, Wednesday or Thursday.

Can I just say that I am reading the most AMAZING fanfic on Wattpad? Ever?

It's called 'Zayn's Best Friend' and I love it. Like it's all I read. Check it out.

Keep voting!

SHARE THIS STORY PLEASE!

~Alli

PS- Follow me on Instagram: @its_just_hazza Thanks ;)