“Oh my god, no, Amabel, it’s not--”

“Yes, it is! You’re fucking cheating on me!” I screamed, throwing his phone at the wall. It broke into a few pieces.

Harry stood there, tears falling down his cheeks. “I didn’t cheat on you. I would never do that. You don’t understand, okay? I just--”

“Don’t tell me I don’t understand!” I yelled. “Never tell me I don’t understand.”

“Amabel, I love you, and I would never do something like that to you.”

“Save it,” I snapped. “I thought that you understood me. You promised me you would never hurt me like Owen did. But this is worse. Owen was drunk when he hurt me, but you knew what you were doing, Harry!” Tears wouldn’t stop flowing.

Harry cried with me, too. “No, no, please.” He stepped closer, but I backed away.

“Don’t! Don’t…touch me.” I sat on the bed and cried. I heard Harry approach me, but he didn’t touch me. My shoulders shook with the sobs I was holding back. It was hard to believe this. Harry wasn’t that…person. I guess I was wrong.

“I love you. So much, I thought you knew that.” He whispered as he sat beside me.

“I know, but…I can’t believe you did this.” I said.

“I didn’t!”

“Then why was she calling you?” I demanded.

“I met her before I met you. She came to one of our concerts and we…hooked up. It was a one-time thing and…I bumped into her last week. She bought me a coffee, and we talked for a little bit. She wanted to get together again, but I told her I was with you, and that our relationship was serious. Being…well, her, she didn’t care and…kissed me.”

“She what?!” I yelled.

“I didn’t kiss her back, I swear!” Harry said.

“I can’t believe you didn’t tell me.” I whispered. My heart was shattered into a million pieces and scattered all around the room. It would take forever to put my heart back together.

“I’m so sorry. More than you will ever know.” Harry stood up and took my face in his hands, but I stepped away.

“I don’t trust you.” I said coldly. “I can’t do this.”

Harry sunk onto his knees. “Please. Don’t…”

This was killing me, from the inside out. It sent me over the edge seeing him on his knees in front of me. But I couldn’t ignore that he didn’t tell me. “Harry, we need a break.” Just saying that made more tears fall.

He took a while to process the words. His head bowed and he took his head in his hands. “No, I love you! Don’t leave me!”

I didn’t want to, but I needed time. “I’m sorry. We’re done.” With that, I packed my things and left the room. Harry didn’t move from the floor. Before I shut the door, I looked back, seeing him staring at me longingly.

Don’t go he mouthed. But I pursed my lips and slammed the door behind me.

*****

“Hey Am! What’s up?” Zayn chirped when he picked up the phone.

“Hey, can you come over for a little while?” I tried to keep my voice steady. I was at my house. Well I guess you would call it my parent’s house since I’m staying with—was—staying with…him. I couldn’t say his name.

“Yeah, sure. What’s wrong?”

“Um, nothing. I’ll see you soon, okay?” I tried to sound happy so Zayn wouldn’t get too worried.