43.

Mandy's POV

September

-

Today is the day. The day that I move into my dorm. The last day I'll see Chris for a long time.

I'm going to miss being dad's merch girl. I'll miss the tour antics and most of all, I'll miss my dad and the traveling.

I think I made the right choice. I couldn't just live off of being a merch girl forever and living with my dad forever.

I'm twenty years old, now is my time to grow up.

"I'm gonna miss you, Mandy. I love you so much and I'm proud of you for deciding to go to college, and you better call me regularly and Skype me, sometimes. I'll keep you updated with when the band and I will be coming around here, okay?" Chris said, hugging me.

"I'm gonna miss you too, daddy. I love you too and I'll try to keep in touch as much as possible. I'll come to every show that you guys have in Virginia" I said.

"Alright, now you be safe, make good decisions and try not to party too much" he said.

"I'll try not to" I laughed.

"I'm being serious, kiddo" he said.

"I know, dad. I need to find my dorm, I'll call you tonight" I said.

"A-alright... I'll miss you, Manda-Panda. I love you" he said. He kissed my forehead before letting me go.

"I love you too, bye, daddy" I said before he got into his car. He waved goodbye.

I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

Here's to a new beginning...

It's gonna be so weird not living with Chris.

It's so weird not living in Pennsylvania. I know I was in California for a few months but that's different. I'm gonna be here for years.

There's a possibility that I may not return to Scranton after I graduate. I might just get a job here.

Mandy, stop. Go find your dorm.

I walked into the building my dorm was located in.

I walked down the hallway until I found my dorm.

I turned the doorknob to see if it was locked. Which it wasn't.

I walked in. There was a girl with light brown hair making her bed.

"Hello?" I said.

"You must be my roommate! I'm Sandra or you can call me Sandy!" She said, shaking my hand.

"I'm, Mandy" I said.

"First year away from home?" She asked. I nodded.

"Well... Not away from home... Just this is the first time I've been away from my dad since before I graduated high school" I told her.

"It'll get easier. I started going here last year. Just go with the flow and you'll be fine." She said.

"What job in the medical profession are you looking at?" She asked.

"Neonatal Nurse. You?" I asked.

"Oncologist" she said.

"When's the curfew around here?" I asked.

"We need to be quiet at ten and the building's doors are locked at midnight. No boys are allowed in our dorms past ten" she said.

I think Sandy and I will be great friends...