36.

Mandy's POV

The next morning

-

I woke up to Ryan poking my face.

"What, Ryan?" I snapped.

"We need to get out of bed before everybody wakes up and suspects something" he said.

"Everybody probably already knows we slept in the same bed" I said.

"Not your dad. Come on, we can go get breakfast" he said.

"Fine." I said. He helped me out of bed and handed me my shoes.

I slipped on my shoes. Followed Ryan out of my room.

We quietly walked through the house. Nobody was awake, thankfully.

We got down to the living room, Chris was still asleep, he was curled up in a ball on the recliner.

We quietly walked out the door, Ryan had the rental car keys in his hand.

We walked towards the rental car. He pressed the unlock button on the remote and we got in the car. He started it up and backed out of the driveway.

"When do you guys start recording?" I asked.

"After we're done writing, the producer is supposed to be here tomorrow to help us in that process" he replied.

"Oh fun. Is it fun recording album?" I asked.

"Yes and no. It's fun but it's frustrating because you want that specific sound and sometimes you just can't get it" he told me.

"You eventually get it, don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said, lighting up a cigarette.

"You're not supposed to smoke in the rental car" I said.

"The cigarette is hanging out the window" he said.

"Why do you smoke anyway?" I asked.

"Because I can" he said.

"Excellent logic, babe" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Exactly" he said, holding my hand.

"Your hands are boney" I said.

"Your existence is boney" he said.

"Such a great comeback" I said sarcastically as we pulled in at IHOP.

"I try" he said as we got out of the car.

-

We ate. Ryan wouldn't let me pay for my food. Fucker.

We're at Wal-Mart now, getting a few things for the house we're staying in while they're recording.

We need cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, towels, laundry detergent, and food.

But I think we're gonna wait on getting food since we need a list, since the guys all have food preferences and that type of shit. I know I can only consume two percent milk but one of the other guys might prefer soy milk or skim milk or whatever. I've never gone grocery shopping for them, so I wouldn't know.

So we're just gonna stick to the simple stuff in the mean time.

"We need a broom and a mop" I said.

"I think the house already has those things" he said.

"I guess we'll see when we get back" I replied.

"Let's get laundry detergent" he said. I picked up the pod things that you toss in the washer, dryer sheets and fabric softener.

"Are you gonna do our laundry while we're here?" He asked. I glared at him.

"I don't do Chris's laundry, what makes you think I'd do everybody's laundry. I forget to do my own laundry most of the time. It just piles up and I either do it when I run out of clean underwear or my dad gets fed up and does it for me. So no. I'm not gonna do your laundry" I replied.

"Are you gonna cook for us?" He asked.

"I don't know how to cook anything besides a grilled cheese. So unless you guys really like grilled cheeses, then no." I told him as we walked past the baby clothes.

"Aw Ryan, look at how small these shoes are!" I squealed. I have a soft spot for babies. I think they're the cutest things ever- despite when they're all drooly or covered in spit up.

"Yup. Those are some tiny shoes" he stated quietly.

"The preemie clothes are so tiny! Oh my god!" I said.

"I think we've established that babies are small babe" he said, annoyed.

"Ryan, I know that you don't like kids but I think babies are adorable, and you're just going to have to deal with that" I said.

"You better not say that you want any kids in the future. None of my tadpoles are gonna be meeting your eggs!" He said.

"Are you saying you wouldn't have kids with me?" I asked.

"No. I don't want kids in general, it's not because of you, it's because I don't like kids. I don't want any of my own, so why would I purposely have a kid? Why are we even talking about this, Amanda? We've only been together for five months." He said.

"Fuck. I'm sorry, Ryan. I didn't know that me looking at baby stuff would make you act like such a dickhead" I snapped.

"Babe..." He said.

"Just stop, Ryan. Let's just check out and go back to the house." I said.

"Don't be like that" he insisted.

"Once you're done being a dick, I'll stop being a bitch" I spat.

"Be that way. Fine. Let's get the fuck out of here" he said.

We walked towards the self-checkout line.

I hope my dad doesn't get mad that Ryan and I were out, alone.

I don't think he will be once he sees Walmart bags.

Anyways, let's get out of here, I don't want to be around this dick for a little while.