22.

Mandy's POV

The next day

-

I woke up the next morning, my bed covered in candy wrappers and my stomach hurting all to hell.

Great. I just had to eat the entire bag of candy in one sitting.

I looked over to see the green light on my phone flashing, signaling me that I had a text.

I picked up my phone to see that Mike called me and texted me, and that it was noon.

I opened up the text and it said;

Good morning beautiful, you're probably sleeping right now, so just call or text me when you wake up :)

-

I got out of bed and gathered up all the candy wrappers to take them to the trash can.

After I threw them away, I ran into Ryan.

I still feel really awkward about what he said last night.

He has a really funny way of showing that he likes me.

But I guess it makes sense to pretend to hate me since we're not allowed to like each other in a romantic way.

"Amanda, can we talk?" Ryan asked.

"I- uh- I guess" I said as he led us to the back lounge. He shut the door behind us.

"I'm sorry if I creeped you out last night" he apologized.

"You have a funny way of showing that you like me" I said.

"I don't want to like you! I've liked you for a while now, Amanda! I can't like you! I want to hate you!" He replied.

"Since we're both coming out about our feelings. I also like you. I really want to hate you" I said.

"If you like me, then why are you dating Mike" he asked.

"Because I don't want to like you" I said.

"So you're using Mike?" He asked.

"No. He knows that I like you. He wants to help me not like you" I said.

"Do you even like him?" He asked.

"Yeah. We're not official yet. He said that he's gonna wait until the end of tour to make it official because he wants to know who I like more, if I like you more, he doesn't want to force me to be with him" I said.

"Since you and him aren't official or anything, it's technically not cheating if you kiss another guy" he said.

"What are you getting at?" I asked suspiciously. He leaned down and his lips met mine.

I pulled away and ran off.

I ran off the bus and down the street to The Devil Wears Prada's bus. I knocked on their door. A few moments later, Jeremy, their rhythm guitarist answered the door.

"Hey, Mandy. I'll let Mike know that you're here" he said, letting me in.

"Mike! Your girlfriend is here!" He shouted. A few seconds later, Mike came out of the bunk area and hugged me.

"How come you slept in so late?" Mike asked as we walked off the bus.

"I stayed awake until two am eating candy" I told him shamefully.

"How much candy did you eat?" He asked, taking my hand and lacing fingers together.

"A two pound bag of assorted candies" I said, looking down at the ground in shame.

"Eating your way to a sugar induced coma, damn" he laughed.

"I wish the amount of sugar I consumed last night would have put me in a coma" I joked.

"Why?" He asked.

"Feelings suck" I said sadly.

"What happened, baby?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me and holding me.

"Ryan told me he liked me after I said that I'm technically dating you. This morning he said since you and I aren't official, I'm technically not cheating. I asked him what he was getting at and he kissed me and I got scared and ran" I said.

"You didn't kiss back did you?" He asked.

"No. I don't cheat." I replied.

"Good, because I really like you" he told me before kissing me on the lips.

"I really like you, too" I told him as we walked around the block.

"You should just stay with me on my bus for the rest of tour, so that we don't have to worry about Ryan trying to take you from me" he said.

"That's something I'd have to talk to Chris about" I told him.

"I'm sure Chris would be okay with it. I'll be there with you if you want when you ask him about it. I'll explain to him that I won't do anything sexual with you or let anything bad happen to you" he said.

"Okay" I smiled.

"You're so cute" he said, kissing me on the cheek.

"What are we gonna do about our relationship if we're still together after tour?" I asked.

"We'll make the long distance thing work or you could become our merch girl, but if you don't want to be our merch girl, that's fine. I understand if you don't wanna be away from your dad" he said.

"Relationships are confusing" I stated.

"I'm not gonna lie and say they get less confusing because they don't. Even if you're with someone for a few years, the relationship is still pretty confusing. You just learn to deal with it" he told me.

"You've been around the block a few times I'm guessing?" I asked.

"I've been in a few relationships. Only like one of them was serious, the rest were just... Silly teenaged relationships" he replied.

"How long did you and the serious one date?" I asked.

"Uhm... From the time I was nineteen to the time I was twenty-two almost twenty-three. You're the first girlfriend I've had since her, how many relationships have you been in?" He asked.

"Not including you, technically one, we weren't really dating, we kissed every now and then but he wasn't allowed to date me because his parents didn't want Chris to hurt him, why did you and that girl break up? " I told him.

"She basically told me to choose between my job and her. I chose the job because she was selfish enough to make me choose between her bullshit and my band that was doing great and finally getting attention" he  explained.

"What a bitch" I replied.

"It's whatever. Why'd you and that guy break up?" He asked.

"He left for college, told me that he didn't want anything to do with me, anymore. He came back a couple months ago and we tried to make it work again but Ryan fucked things up and now that guy hates me" I said.

"What'd Ryan do?" He asked. I explained what Ryan did.

"That's fucked up" he said. I shrugged. I can't really say that it's no big deal. He kissed me this morning, what's gonna stop him from telling Mike that I'm cheating on him?