1

Mandy's Pov

Nine years later

-

"The merch isn't gonna sell itself, Mandy!" Korel barked. I rolled my eyes as I walked back to the merch booth.

The show doesn't even start for four hours and Korel is already barking orders at me.

Chris followed me. He is- well, was my legal guardian, I think of him as my father, but I call him dad most of the time, even though I'm not his daughter. He's tried several times to adopt me, though.

The state of Pennsylvania wouldn't let Chris adopt me, since, I guess you have to be married to adopt a child and Chris isn't married and it's too late to adopt me since I'm nineteen now. Not nine.

"Don't worry about Korel, it's a home show, he just wants everything perfect, alright, kiddo" Chris told me.

"Okay, now go get your stuff ready for your show, love you" I told him. I gave him a hug and he kissed my forehead.

"Love you too, kiddo" he said before walking off.

"Hey, Mandy" I heard Ryan's voice say. I rolled my eyes. I can't stand Ryan, ever since I've met him, he's been an ass. I've known him since I was thirteen. When I met him, he constantly called me squirt and always messed up my hair. Then he would just be an... Ass to me, basically. He's all in all, a jackass. Like last tour, I was eating a sandwich and he punched it.

"Go away, Sitkowski" I groaned as I folded a shirt.

"Not happening, Cerulli" he said, using Chris' last name since my real last name makes me uncomfortable.

"Is it your daily goal to make an ass out of yourself or are you just an idiot accidentally?" I asked.

"Mixture of both" he shrugged, sitting on the table.

"Get your fat ass off of my table" I said flatly.

"My fat ass is comfy and is not getting up" he replied. I rolled my eyes.

"You're twenty-four years old and you act like you're four. How's that working for you?" I asked as I pushed him off of the table.

"It's working great, thank you for asking, how's being uptight working for you?" He asked in the same tone.

"Fuck off" I spat as he got back on table.

"I swear to fucking God..." I groaned.

"Ryan! Quit trying to take the piss out of Mandy!" Ricky scolded.

"Awe! Why? It's fun watching her get pissed off! She's all bark, no bite" Ryan laughed.

"Just leave the poor girl alone" Ricky pleaded.

"Ugh fine..." Ryan gave in. I smirked as I folded more shirts.

-

The show had ended, we sold the last of the merch, now it's time to head home.

"Thank god tour is over! I miss my bed!" I said.

"Oh, but little one, the time in between tours goes faster than you think" Chris told me.

"Don't remind me" I replied.

"You'll get used to it. Just remember that even off tour, you still have to be trapped with that old fart" Ricky said, pointing to Chris.

"Chris doesn't annoy me though, at least I don't have to be stuck with Ryan" I replied.

"I wish you two would just get along" Chris said, his tone fatherly, which was rare unless I did something I wasn't supposed to.

"We would if he would just stop trying to take the piss out of me all the time" I told him.

"He's just trying to have fun with you, kiddo" he said.

"And his definition of fun is pissing me off and calling me uptight?" I asked. Chris remained silent.

"Exactly" I said as we got out to the bus.