19

Mandy's POV

A couple weeks later

-

Today is Halloween. It's also the day that I'm supposed to tell Mike if I want to be with him or not.

I really like Mike but I feel like I have feelings for Ryan too. I can't like him. He hates me.

Plus, dad doesn't want me dating any of his band mates.

I really like Mike, but I also kind of like Ryan. Don't get me wrong, Mike is a really sweet and caring guy but there's something about Ryan that's drawing me to him. It doesn't feel right to have feelings on a guy that I'm supposed to hate.

Anyway, I'm dressing up as a dead body for Halloween. I'm also gonna be nice and hand out candy at the merch table since I can't be home to trick or treat or hand out candy to little kids. Just like last year.

Since I live with a man who lives and breathes Halloween, and I also spend a great amount of time with a bunch of guys who also religiously celebrate Halloween- meaning they love it, I'm forced to love Halloween as well. Not that I don't love it as is.

Chris's costumes always shock me honestly. It's fun seeing what he dresses up as for Halloween.

Well, sound check is going on right now.

I'm gonna be bored as fuck until security starts letting general admission in.

I'm just sitting at the merch table, pouring candy into a bowl.

I bought like eight bags of candy from the dollar store. Anything that's left over is being eaten by me.

"Trick or treat" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up to see Vinny. He took a piece of candy out of the bowl.

"Happy Halloween, fucker" I greeted. He laughed as he stuffed a starburst into his mouth.

"How much fucking candy did you buy?" He asked.

"Eight bags" I told him.

"Jesus fucking Christ" he replied.

"I'm trying to be nice, this is my only way to actually celebrate Halloween on tour, so..." I shrugged.

"You really are Chris's child, aren't you? I mean you and him have been around each other for so long, that you're kinda starting to look like him" he asked.

"So what you're saying is... Is that my nose is abnormally sized?" I joked.

"No... But imagine the noses his biological children would have if they existed" he said. I laughed.

"I wish Chris would just have his own kid already, I want a little brother or sister" I said.

"Let's say Chris has a kid next year, by the time the kid is eighteen, you'll be almost in your forties" he said.

"Way to make me feel old, Mauro" I said.

"That's my job. Oh and your boy toy is heading over here" he said, pointing to Mike. I nodded as he walked away. Mike walked over and took a piece of candy from the bowl.

"Um... Rude" I said. He chuckled as he ate the chocolate.

"I need to ask you something before everybody is let in" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"How do you feel about me? Like we've been seeing each other for two weeks now, I just wanna know how you feel about me" he asked. His eyes just said that he was hoping that I liked him.

"Mike, I really do like you, but I also like Ryan. I don't know why I like him" I said.

"Just tell me who you like more at the end of tour, we won't be official until you figure out your feelings, okay?" He said.

"Okay" I said before he kissed my forehead.

"I'll see you after the show, hun" he said. I nodded. He leaned over the table and kissed me on the lips. His beard tickles.

This was the first time he's kissed me on the lips. He told me on our date that he wants to wait to see how I feel about him before he kisses me.

Mike is a great guy. He's the type of guy you would want to be with if you want a slow and steady relationship that's kind of old fashioned. He's a gentleman.

He may seem like a tough and mean guy with the beard and tattoos but he's actually just a sweet teddy bear.

Ryan on the other hand. If we dated, we would be at each other's throats constantly and those fights would end with amazing makeup sex.

I feel like I would be better off with Mike. He isn't a forbidden fruit. My dad approves of him. Plus, he cares about me in all aspects.

I feel like if Ryan and I dated, we would eventually work out the kinks and he would take care of me.

Mike is the only one out of the two I'm allowed to date... But he lives in Ohio.

Do I make a forbidden and nonfunctional relationship work? Or do I make a long distance relationship work?