Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen

Cheryl walked through the door, the smell of baking immediately filling her nostrils. " Hello ?" she called.

" Mam !", she heard before a small girl covered in white flour appeared.

Robyn ran towards her mum and wrapped her small arms around the womans waist, transferring the flour that was all over her tiny hands and arms to Cheryl's plain black trousers.

Not caring in the slightest, Cheryl picked the girl up, wrapping her arms around her tightly. " Hey sweetie. I missed you !"

" I missed you too," Robyn smiled back before giving Cheryl a big flourly kiss.

" Cheryl is that you pet ?" Joan called.

" Aye mam." Still with the girl in her arms, Cheryl walked down the hall, and into the kitchen, where she found a very white looking Kimberley, and an annoyed looking Joan, who was also covered from head to to in white flour. The Geordie burst out laughing. " What happened ?"

" I dropped the flour !" Joan huffed, although a small smile began creeping it's way onto her face. " We were tidying up, and when I was wiping the worktop I accidentally knocked it over, and it shot out and went everywhere."

Cheryl laughed. " The whole point of tidying is to make the place clean. Not make it even messier !"

Robyn laughed before sticking her tongue out at her nan.

" Oi you cheeky chops !" Joan shot back with a giggle.

" Well . . . I think we should all help clean this mess up, and then we can all sit down, and have one of Robyn's special fairy cakes," Kimberley smiled.

*****

After cleaning up the mess, Joan placed the plate of nicely decorated fairy cakes on the kitchen table while asking if anybody wanted a cuppa. Both Cheryl and Kimberley gladly exepted, while Robyn grabbed a cake and ran off.

" Robyn . . . don't sit on the couch ! Go and stick a clean pair of trousers, and a clean top on," Cheryl shouted to the girl, who she could hear running down the hall towards the living room.

" Ok," the youngter shouted back.

All the women laughed when Robyn ran back up the hall and past the kitchen door, the cake still in her hand.

" So . . ." Joan said while sitting down, opposite the two girls. " You goin' out tonight ?"

Cheryl smiled, before placing her left hand under the table, and placing it on Kimberley's thigh. " Aye mam."

Placing her hand over her girlfriends, Kimberley smiled. She knew what the Geordie was thinking, and gave her full approval with a small nod.

" Actually . . . there's something I . . . we . . . wanna tell ya."

Joan looked at her daughter, a smile on her face. " Go on ?"

" Well . . . me and Kimberley are together," Cheryl said nervously. Squeezing Kimberley's hand, she then looked at her girlfriend who smiled back.

" That's nice pet. I'm happy for the both of you."

Both girls were surprised, they excepted some shock, some emotion.

" Your not shocked ?" Cheryl asked curiously.

Joaned laughed before winking at the girls. " I have eyes ya know . . . I'm not daft !"