Chim- Starting Over (Sequel to What do you want from me)

Chapter One

" I'm goin' to miss me wee baby." Joan cried, pulling Cheryl into a tight embrace.

" Mam I'm 26 !" Cheryl laughed back while wrapping her arms around the woman's tiny frame.

After years of studying and hard work, Cheryl was finally being giving the opportunity she truly deserved, a job offer in London, working for a famous fashion house.

Breaking from the embrace, the Geordie smiled. " I'll miss you too mam." She then turned to the rest of her family, hugging various members before turning to her sister, who was holding a small girl. " Right come on you," she smiled, taking the little dark skinned girl into her arms. " It's time to go."

" Right . . .  phone me when you get there." Joan said directing the sentence to Cheryl, but smiling at the little girl, and playing with her dark locks. Leaning forward she kissed the youngster. " I love you pet."

" I love you too nan."

After one last round of hugs, Cheryl made sure the girl was strapped in properly, before getting into the drivers seat of the small red car. " I love you all," she shouted out the window, a few tears running down her cheeks. Driving off, she looked back to see her mother crying, but waving proudly. Laughing she beeped her horn before pulling out of the street completely.

" Are you excited ?" Cheryl asked, patting the small girls leg beside her. After a few minutes of silence, she knew her daughter was ignoring her. " Did you hear what I said babe ?" Still the youngster kept quite. " Robyn . . . you were lookin' forward to movin' a few weeks ago," Cheryl said, clearly confused.

For the first time the six year old turned, her gorgeous brown eyes shinning with tears. " I'm goin' to miss me nan."

Cheryl knew the bond between Robyn and her nan was unbelievably strong, which made her think twice about taking the job in the first place. It was hard for her to take her daughter away from everything she knew. " Ano pet, but we can visit a few times a month, and nan said she will come and visit too."

" Promise ?" Robyn asked.

Cheryl smiled, her hand still resting on the girls small leg. " Promise."