Chapter 17

The Words-Christina Perri

                   *********

While I was being dragged away every student was starring at me. Timothy brought me all the way to his office back on the school. He looked worried as well. He unlocked his office and I took a seat. He calmed his breath then he sat down.

"This has only happened once," he said.

"By who?" I asked.

He started to shuffle through some files,"Her."

When he said that it was a picture of a girl with brown hair.

"Leah." I said.

"Yes, and according to your family history; you are nowhere near to being related to her." he said.

I straightened up and said,"How does this happen?"

He sat back down and said,"This shouldn't have happened. A very long time ago there was a girl who started out as a water elemental but over time she could gain the rest of the powers. This was never done before and now you can do that. I knew something was special about you but this is over all of us. Once I find out more stuff about this situation, I will call you back. You may go."

Without another word I left his office. Great now another thing to worry about. I slowly trudged back to my room but on my way I saw Chase.

"Hey, beautiful." he said.

"Hey," I said.

"Zo, what's up?" he said.

"A lot of stuff in my mind." I said.

He starred at me then grabbed my hand,"I know."

I rolled my eyes and said,"You have no idea."

He came closer to me and gave me a hug. Once we let go he kissed me and I kissed him back. One slow timid kiss turned into a fast paced passionate kiss. I had missed Chase for awhile and now that we are here kissing. I realized that I never want to let him go and I don't want him to leave me. I missed that sense of danger that I had when I was with him. I usually get a taste of danger but this is different something that I wanted. We kept kissing until eventually we both ran out of breath. We let go of each other.

"Looks like I got the kiss." he said breathlessly.

"Shut up," I said.

He embraced me again. We kissed again as well. It felt like I was waiting for years for this moment to happen and it did. Maybe he was right when we were backs in the woods. Maybe he was actually sorry. I don't know for sure but right now in this moment, I am falling in love with him all over again just like when we were eleven. Well the people we knew said it wasn't love but there was a strange feeling. I thought I heard someone shuffling through the leaves but I completely ignored it. Nothing was going to distract me from this moment. I felt at peace in his arms and protected. He whispered, I'm glad you didn't get hurt. We stopped and he grabbed my hand and walked me back to my dorm.

"See you," he said then he kissed me on the forehead.

I stayed outside in the hallway for a moment then I unlocked the door. When I walked inside the girls were there but Travis was too. They seemed pretty mad but I had no idea what it was about. They stared at me. I took at sit on my bed and everybody was giving me the death glare even Gracelynn. Then Derrick walked in he seemed as confused as I was.

Travis unfolded his arms and stopped leaning on our dresser then he said,"Chase has been getting comfortable with Rayna."

"What the hell!" Derrick yelled.

"He held her hand and gave her a hug." Travis said.

Candace piped up and said,"I think they even kissed."

Camira added,"When Karma came he told her to get behind him like you told Lydia."

Gracelynn quietly said,"He held her hand there too."

Derrick and I looked at each other with shock.

"He also said that the blame should have been put on him," Travis said.

We were both pissed off at them. We left the room first we went to go talk to Rayna. The good girl act she has been trying to pull off wasn't working for her anymore. We found her talking to her one of her friends and once that girl saw us,she went back into her room.

"Really Rayna," Derrick said.

"What?" she said.

"Don't play dumb oh what that's the only thing you can do." I yelled.

"We know about you and Chase." Derrick said.

"I wasn't thinking and he was there so..." she started.

I got even more mad and yelled,"When do you ever think!"

Derrick turned to me and calmed me down. He said that he would handle it so I let him do the talking.

He turned to face Rayna and said,"You got mad at me for talking to Emma and I hope you know that I am going to get mad for you talking to Chase."

"I know and I feel awful," she said.

Lies that is all she said was lies. I hope she knows that now I am not going to even try to talk to her. Ever again.

He looked at her and said,"Rayna, you are a great girl but if you can't take this seriously, we are going to have to break up."

Tears filled her eyes and she said,"I understand and when I can figure things out I will come talk to you."

I piped in and said,"Don't you even think about talking to Chase and if you do I will kill you with all my hopes and regrets. Got it, princess."

She nodded her head and ran to her house. I hated her so much right now but I have to talk to Chase.

"Zoey?" he said with confusion.

"Chase what the hell is wrong with you." I yelled in his face.

"I know what you are about to say and I don't love her. I love you." he said.

He knew just what to say but so did I.

I looked down and said,"Do you like to toil with my emotions because you have done this too many times."

He lifted up my chin to where my eyes met his and said,"Rayna is some stupid girl who I took advantage of. Zo, I love you not her."

This time I could tell that he was actually sorry. I almost fell for it. Almost.

"I only did that to get you back. When you were with Derrick it felt like someone kept stabbing me over and over again. Please forgive me."

I can't stay mad at him because he protects me and I loved him way too much to just let him go.

"I forgive but if you do this again..." I started.

"Shhh, it's okay and if I deceive you, you can destroy me."he said.

I laughed and he give me a hug. He whispered I will never let you go, I love you. I felt a lot better now that he explained himself. Rayna on the other hand lets just say she better nit cross my path again. He kissed me then he walked me to my dorm, again. This time I could sleep peacefully and I didn't get barricaded with ten million questions but I was not looking forward for tomorrow because we are having a Christmas party where Rayna will be at. If she even tries to talk to me, I will destroy her with all my will.

                                                                                Watch out Rayna.