Chapter 3

"If you don't tell why you just dragged me out of class I swear I'll..."

"Just shut up for one second and I will tell you." he said.

I stood there impatiently tapping my foot on the ground until he became man enough tell me. He just stood there looking at me like a complete idiot and I had enough of it.

"Are you gonna tell me or not?" I said sounding more impatient.

"Yes but I wanna see you beg." he said.

"Listen, Derrick if you just dragged me out here to beg then I'll just go back inside."

"Fine, I'm leaving."

"Okay, do you think I'm emotionally attached to you or something because I'm not so get over it."

"You're so cute and no. I have to leave because there's a lot going on with the elements and we are in a war so that means you can't ask me anymore questions." he said with a smirk.

"First off never call me 'cute' again and second off I can ask my Nanna." I said with a lot of confidence.

"Sweetie, your Nanna doesn't know everything."

"But you do."

"Yes."

"Cocky much." I said in a pestering way.

And at that he gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. I was about to ask him way he did that but he straight up vanished so here's another thing I need to figure out. Gaw, why can't my life be normal for once.

I went back inside where I found Abby waiting at the school doors. She seemed a little too excited but that's just Abby for ya. I tried avoiding her questions and did a pretty bang up job of it but she made sure she was my locker when school ended and knowing her she was gonna be satisfied until I gave her answers.

"I know what happened." she squealed.

"What are you talking about." I said.

"Don't act like you don't know. That boy kissed you."she said while poking me.

"Your delusional."

"No you are because you secretly like him."

"I don't know him."

"So, I don't know celebrities and I have crushes on them."

"What's your point?"

"My point is, is that you don't have to know someone to like them."

"Whatever can we just go." I said.

We had to stop by her locker so she could get a few things. While we were walking all she could talk about was Derrick. Did I like Derrick? No, there's no way I can like him I only met the guy last night. Abby's getting into my head I will not play whatever this game is that he is playing. I am not gonna get hurt by some other guy. Nope, not again. She wanted to go to frozen yogurt place so we there. I must have been daydreaming because after awhile Abby said, "Emma! Come back to planet earth."

"Um, so you ready."I said.

"You were thinking about him." she said

"Gosh, Abby just let it go."

"I never heard a no."

I decided to leave Abby there and go pick up Lydia. When I found her she was holding a bird(which was normal). She said she was gonna take it home to take care of it, it had a broken wing. As we were  walking the bird was normal again but Lydia was pretty upset about. There is something even more special bout her. As much as I hated to say it, Derrick was right I needed to ask him some questions when he got back of course. I hate it when people are right because that means you have to say the dreadful words,'I was wrong.' So that meant I would have to find a way to contact him, not for me, for Lydia. Well we made it back to the house where Lydia ran upstairs to give the bird some food before she let it go. I was working at the store like I do everyday when I come home from school. When I looked out the window I saw him. I saw Derrick. So for the sake of my sister I went out there to talk to him.

"Look who came to me." he said.

"Um, technically you came to me."I said.

"Anyways, I heard you had questions." he said.

"Well, I do."I said.

"What about your Nanna?" he said mimicking me.

"Look you're right and I'm wrong. Happy?"

"Yes, now spill but I only have a few minutes so make it quick."

"Sorry but this is going to take longer than that."

"Well, I guess I'm done here then."

"What! I do have another question."

"Shoot."

"Why did you kiss me earlier?"

"I don't see why you couldn't figure that one out on your own but it's because I wanted to."

Before I could say anything else he kissed me AGAIN. Maybe Abby was right. Maybe I was actually starting to fall for Derrick but I don't even know him and here I am making out with him. What's wrong with me. I never was unsure on how I felt but now I am an I don't like it. Why did he have to come into my life? He let me go, took my phone and put his number in it. He handed it back to me and said,"Here now you can contact me." When he said that he left and I'm still confused.

I went upstairs to where I found Lydia with a new animal but this time it was a bunny. She said that it was bitten by a predator but she saved him just in time. She even named it Thumper from Bambi which is one of her favorite movies. After our little discussion on Thumper I went to my room to see if mom had anything on elements but she didn't. I tried the internet but it was all myths. I was super frustrated and annoyed then it started to rain. I leaned backed wondering why my mom gave me her powers. I was human once but now I am an element. I have powers that nobody can explain. I am never gonna be the same.  I am DIFFERENT.