Chapter 12

Candace told me who it was but I didn't even try move so Rayna just walked in and sat on my bed. I tried to roll over to talk to her but my body would not cooperate with me. I had to just lay there and I hoped she realized that.

"Hey I need to talk to you about Derrick." she said.

I rolled my eyes but she couldn't see it and nodded my head. That hurt so bad. Gosh, darn you Travis.

"I will be willing to give up Derrick but only if we could start over because I know a lot about Karma and I know people think I am a spoiled brat but I am totally different person once you get to know me." she said.

"Rayna, me and Derrick decided we need a break and it's fine if you date him. I really don't care." I said.

She left when I said that and for the rest of the I slept and I enjoyed it very much. The next day my body was as sore as yesterday but I still had to take ibuprofen. I decided to be lazy today so I put my hair up in a messy bun, sweatpants, and an oversized shirt with no make-up. Half the girls did that same thing. Apparently Gracelynn wear glasses and she had a pair of black-rimmed hipster glasses. They were the real glasses like if you didn't wear them or contacts you won't be able to see. She pulled them off very well because not everybody can. I saw Rayna in the hallways and she was bout the only girl who didn't dress super lazy. Today she was in a white dress, black fur coat, black studded booties, black beaded bracelets and a necklace, and a black purse. Her hair was in a side pony but it was curled and she was wearing makeup. She was talking to Derrick at the lockers and when she opened her locker, she found a bouquet of roses. She turned around and gave him a hug which about killed me. Once they were done with their love fest I went over there to grab my books.

"Hey." Derrick said with a smile.

"Hey," I said back.

"Ready?" he said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Well, you are in my next class. Lets go." he said.

He kissed Rayna on her forehead and we started walking. It was kind of awkward considering he just asked her to the dance. We walked in the classroom and today was free day. Dang it. He is gonna talk to me.

"Emma." I looked up expecting Derrick but it was Chase.

How does he get people not to notice him. He was his usual self but he knew something.

"What are you doing here?" I said.

"Calm down. Anyways I heard there was some formal and so do you want to go with me?" he said.

Chase wasn't the best conversationalist but it was sweet that he would ask.

"Sure. I will go with you." I said.

"Great. See you at eight." he said then he walked off.

Looks like I got a date to the dance. Take that Derrick. I looked over and he noticed because he wasn't so happy anymore. Most of us got a date by the end of the day. Camira said she was going with Isaac Masterson. Gracelynn was going with Thomas Green. Then there was Candace who said she was going to go with a group of friends. Then Derrick was taking Rayna if you hadn't pieced that together.

It was time for the dance and a whole group of us got ready together. There was Gracelynn, Candace, Camira, Rayna, and me. Candace wore a Gradiant Ombre Chiffon long evening dress. Camira wore an A Line Sleeveless Empire Waist Chiffon Sweetheart long dress that was pink. I wore a Chiffon Tulle Two Pieces Halter Sleeveless A Line dress that was salmon. Rayna wore the 13,997 dress that had real diamonds sewn all over the bodice. Gracelynn wore a Millie Yellow Bow Mini dress. Once we where all ready we headed out with our dates and went to the formal.

"You look great." Chase said.

"Thanks, you too." I said.

A few hours later I lost Chase but when I found him he was talking to Candace so I just wandered by the food table. I saw Gracelynn dancing with Cole. Rayna and Derrick were sitting at one of the tables. Then there was me all by my lonesome self. Then Travis walked up to me and said,"That's a nice dress."

"Thanks." I said.

"Where's your date?" he asked.

"With Candace. What about yours?" I asked.

"Didn't bring one," he said.

"Oh," I said.

"Do you want to dance?" he asked.

"Sure," I said putting my drink down.

Soon me and him were on the dance floor having a good time and soon others came along. Derrick tapped Travis on the shoulder and took over the dance. The song switched from an upbeat one to a slow one. He put his arms around my waist and my arms were around his neck. We swayed back and forth until one of us had the courage to say something. I looked at at him and he looked down at me.

"Sorry," he said.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked.

"Because I couldn't take you to the dance," he said.

"It's fine, I came with Chase," I said.

"And how's that working out for ya?" he said.

I looked over and now he was dancing with Rayna. They both looked like they were having a good time and hey, Camira was dancing with Travis. Then you have Candace and her little group of friends. I turned back to him and said,"Well, I got to dance with you didn't I?"

"Smart girl." he said with a smile.

The dance concluded and it was time for the crowning of Snowflake Queen and King also Prince and Princess but nobody cares about that. The Prince was Cole and the Princess was Gracelynn, good for her. Once Timothy crowned them he went back to the microphone to announce the Queen and King.

"For the moment you have been waiting for, the King is...Derrick. Now time for your Queen which is...Rayna." he said while clapping his hands.

The normal outcome came to play well, that's just how the world works. It was time to head home and I was beat. Now just in case you got lost I will explain. Rayna came with Derrick but ended up with Chase. Gracelynn went with Thomas but ended up with Cole. Candace went with some friends and ended with some friends. Camira came with Isaac but ended up with Travis. I went with Chase then went to Travis but ended up with Derrick. Now that is how we started and finished. Now I can get out of this dress, take a shower, and go to sleep because tomorrow is more training. I would say everyone had a great time now it's time to move on.