Prologue

He's constantly tapping his boots on the floor as his elbows rest on his knees then slowly burying his face in his hands.

He looks back up to me. My heart is palpitating. I impatiently wait for him to say something but something is holding him back.

Harry's emerald eyes gaze at mine.

"So you've never been with anyone?" I look up at him.

"I've been with someone." He nods, looking down in his hands twisting the ring in his finger.

The air is thick and its choking both of us.

"And you never got over her?" I hold back my tears knowing I don't have a chance at winning his heart.

"No." he continues fiddling with his rings.

"Why?" I sound whiny, desperate for him to say something that indicates he'll get over her.

"She's simply hard to forget." He frowns at the thought now looking up, directly at my eyes.

Sweat slightly beads around my neck and forehead.

"There's a lot in" he clears his throat. "my past you don't know." he pauses and I notice a trace of trepidation in his voice.

I don't say anything. I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Do you still love her?"I blurt but this is my chance to know why he's not willing to open his heart for anyone but yet he still leads me on.

"Yes. I don't think I'll ever find someone else." he says lowly without hesitation.

The hazel and emerald in our eyes bash into each other never breaking eye contact as I ask him a question. "Where is she now?"

He takes a deep breath, fading in and out of lucidity, before he opens his mouth again and commence speaking.

"I'm looking right at her." The moment the words leave his mouth, I freeze.

-

Cast

Nina Dobrev as Ella Kingston

Harry Styles as Harry Styles