Prologue

(2015 )

Hey, I'm Sonara Lee Smith but I go by Lee. I am 16 year ago, 5'9 tall I guess, I'm black and Dominican I think. Well I don't know my parents all I know is they gave me away since birth. That's how I have been in the foster care system, sadly . I hate it. I always think foster parents will forever love you then yourself. I never trusted the word love because I have been hurt emotionally and physically in every way with it. The people that I love with is why. So I have been planning to run away. I am still a minor under the state system, so they will be looking for me, but I am smart. I know a few people who know how to make fake IDs and I change my name to Lee Smith which is like common. Then I bought some stuff until my sweet escape.

Later I can home I found my favorite baby foster sister Nia crying in the corner. When she saw me she ran to me. I pick her, she's 4 years old.
"What happen, what's wrong?"I said
" they're yelling and .. and I couldn't find you." She say in her cute baby voice
"Where are they?" I ask. She point to my foster parents bedroom door.

Our foster parents doesn't care about us. Basically they're just taking us for the government money. Nia and I have live though hell just having them fighting and yelling at each everyday. Then when their done they turn to us with their problems, that's when physical abuse comes. That's why I have to leave and I think to night is the night. I went into Nia's  and I room that we share and start packing before they notices.

I pack the stuff I need in my backpack and then pack some clothes for Nia. Then I went next door to Miss Grant house. she a sweet old lady.

"Sonara what are you doing here, it's 10:00pm" she said.  She said letting us in her home.

"I'm sorry it's late but can you take care of nia for a while?"

"Your going to leave?" she asked

"Yes ma'am" I nodded. She the only person I told about my plans .

"Ok, I'll keep her. Here a cell phone and some money" she handed me from a storage drawer.

"Thank you." I said

"No problem sweetie just be safe out there okay "She said then hug me.

"Yes ma'am." I hug her back

Then I turn to Nia who have tears in her eyes still. Mann I wish I can take her with me.

"Hey baby girl don't cry okay you know I hate to see you cry. Norie is going to be away for a while" I said

"Like an adventure?"she say smiling

" Yeah like an adventure and when I come back Im going to come take you with me " I said. she smile so big. "But you have to promise me when I'm away you be a good girl okay "

she nodded then said "Promise you will come back please "

I was unsure I should answer. what if I will never come back or will she won't be here. I guess I have to make a promise then makes it work in the future.

"I promise" then given her a hug and a kiss goodbye.

I walk outside and walk to the bus station that is a few block away. Bought a ticket got on the bus and it drove away. While I sit there I though I'm free. Now I can create a life for myself where I can experience them. I know I'm fucking crazy but I am free.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Vote !!!
Comment !!!
Share!!!
~Davi