11

RYKER POV

Adam and I find a seat in the waiting room. He looks at me. "Daddy, I want to see Santana and Mummy." He has tears in his eyes.

I pull my son into my arms. "I'm sorry, Adam. You can't see them just yet. The doctors are looking after them. They were hurt in a car accident."

Adam hugs me. He buries his face into my jumper and I feel his body shake in my arms. I kiss head.

The doctor exits the hall and he looks at me. "Are you with Jacinta Collins?"

I nod. "Yes, Sir." I put Adam on the seat. "I'm going to talk to the Doctor. I'll be right back."

I walk over to the Doctor. "What's going on? Is she alright?"

The Doctor looks at Adam and then at me. "She's fine. But, there might be a chance the baby might not survive."

Baby? She never told me she was pregnant.

I shake my head. "I didn't know she was pregnant. She didn't mention anything when we left the hospital this morning."

The doctor touches my arm. "I'm sorry."

I walk over to the seat and put my head in my arms.

Why didn't she tell me?

Adam wraps his arms around me. "Daddy, don't cry. I don't like seeing you upset."

I don't like being upset either.

Another Doctor exits the hall and he looks at me. "Are you the parent/Guardian of Santana Collins?"

I rise. "Yes, I am. How is she?"

"She has a few bruises from where the seatbelt dug into her. Other than that she's perfectly healthy. Do you want to see her?"

"Yes, please."

The doctor shows us to her room.

Adam pushes the door open and he sees his little sister in the big hospital bed.

She looks so small in that bed.

Santana looks at me and she cries. "Where's Mummy?"

I move toward her. "The Doctors are making her better."

She looks away from me. "I don't like you. Mummy, is hurt because of you."

I touch her arm. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'll make everything up to you and Mummy. I never wanted you to go away."

Santana wipes her face. "Are you going to marry her?"

I want to. But, I'm not sure if I should since she kept this a secret from me.

I sigh. "When Mummy gets better we'll talk about it." I kiss her head. "I love you, Santana."

Santana smiles. "I love you, daddy."

Adam climbs on the bed and he sits next to her. "What about me?"

She pushes him. "Love you, Adam."

Adam's face turns red. He looks at the ground.

I laugh.

My kids are cute.

The doctor wheels Jacinta into the room on a gurney. He puts her bed next to Santana's. "I think mother and daughter will heal much better if they are together, Mr Sullivan."

I smile. "Thank you, Doctor."

The Doctor exits the room. He closes the door.

I move to Jacinta's side of the bed and I hold her hand. I run my fingers over her face. I push a piece of hair out of her face. I kiss her temple and whisper. "Please, wake up."